Accepting calendar invites does not create appointment

Accepting calendar invites does not create appointment

weston.willett
I just installed Evolution 3.22.6 on a new install of Fedora 25. I have
a mail account set up to an Exchange server using ews. When I get an
invitation email, there are buttons to accept, tentative or decline as
I would expect. However when I click on Accept, I do not get an
appointment created in my Calendar. The reply to the organizer saying
that I accepted the metting request does get sent.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks

Re: Accepting calendar invites does not create appointment

Milan Crha
On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 11:23 -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> However when I click on Accept, I do not get an appointment created
> in my Calendar.

        Hi,
what does that mail content above the Accept/Tentative/... buttons look
like, please? The important thing is which calendar is selected to add
the event to. It can show either that the appointment had been found in
one of your calendars already, or it can offer you to add it to any
calendar, in which case the default calendar will be preselected.

The Exchange server is usually configured to auto-add events from the
invitation mails into your Calendar (the default calendar folder on the
server), then the invitation email, when opened, is supposed to find
this event on the server. I do not know how you checked that the event
is not added into your Exchange Calendar, but if it was from within the
evolution, could it be that you have had enabled some filter, which
prevented the event to be shown in the UI? What if you open the Outlook
Web Access (OWA) interface of the server and try to find it, is it
shown there?

Re: Accepting calendar invites does not create appointment

weston.willett
Not sure why, but now it is working correctly. Thanks