Adult supervision required at gnome.org?

Regence 21
Almost every useful link on http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/ is now
broken -
the mailing lists link, the code blog and the Red Carpet links are all 404.

Is anyone actually responsible for updating the Evolution website? It's a
shame
to see such a great piece of software presented so poorly due to this
oversight.

Brian

>From: "Regence 21" <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: [Evolution] Evolution website lacks info on updating
>Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:53:48 +0000
>
>In trying to update Evolution 2.0 to 2.2, I went to the Evolution website
>at http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/ and noticed
>the following. I've been waiting months for someone to notice these
>but nothing has changed so I thought I would post here.
>
>- On the home page, link to the codeblog is broken (server refuses
>connection)
>
>- On the download page, the links to Red Carpet are broken (404)
>
>In general, there is no working mechanism listed under the 'Quick and
>Easy' listing on the Evolution website to install or update.
>
>There is no info on how to actually use Red Carpet to install or update
>Evolution
>even if one does have a functioning rc installation. There is nothing on
>how one might possibly use more familiar Linux update mechanisms like RPM's
>or yum to update Evolution either.
>
>The only mechanism on the download page which has working links
>is downloading and compiling from source. As the site says,
>this is for 'For those of you in the compiling-from-source know'
>which rules out a lot of potential Evolution users.
>
>Are there any plans to update the site? I would have thought the
>distribution and update mechanisms would have been more refined
>now Evolution is well into 2.x. I'd be happy to add them myself but
>I don't know the answers.
>
>Thanks
>
>Brian

Re: Adult supervision required at gnome.org?

Harish Krishnaswamy-2
You are right. One of our developers is working on it. should be updated
right away.

Harish