All settings not being backed up

Douglas Summers
[Evolution 3.28.1, Mint-19-XFCE]

When I restored my previous backup (same Evolution version, different
OS; I used the Backup option from the File menu), it looks like none of
my folder archive settings made it. Where are these stored?

Re: All settings not being backed up

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Wed, 2018-07-04 at 19:02 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
> [Evolution 3.28.1, Mint-19-XFCE]
>
> When I restored my previous backup (same Evolution version, different
> OS; I used the Backup option from the File menu), it looks like none of
> my folder archive settings made it. Where are these stored?

What do you mean by "folder archive settings"?

On Thu, 2018-07-05 at 10:35 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-07-04 at 19:02 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
> > [Evolution 3.28.1, Mint-19-XFCE]
> >
> > When I restored my previous backup (same Evolution version,
> > different
> > OS; I used the Backup option from the File menu), it looks like
> > none of
> > my folder archive settings made it. Where are these stored?
>
> What do you mean by "folder archive settings"?
>
> poc

Re: All settings not being backed up

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2018-07-05 at 08:47 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
> Under Folder Properties, AutoArchive.

        Hi,
you are right, the folder properties are part of the folder/account
information, which can be stored in ~/.cache/evolution/..., which is
not backed up, because the ~/.cache/ content is usually meant as a
local copy of the server-side content.

I'm currently unsure how to deal with it, but, please, if you can, file
an issue against the backup tool at:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new

        Thanks and bye,