Authentication by SMTP Server ERROR

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Authentication by SMTP Server ERROR

LLLActive@GMail.com
Hi List,

I keep getting these errors from SMTP authentication at my provider. It only happens in Evolution 2.2.1 in the SuSE Linux 9.3 Novell version.
Has it soething to do with the certificates the ISP's mail server requires? If so, how do I delete old certificates so that I can get new ones?

ERROR:
Unable to authenticate to SMTP server.
Bad authentication response from server.

It does not matter how many times I enter the password; it does not get authorisation

Any help appreciated.

Al
_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authentication by SMTP Server ERROR

Andre Klapper
hi al,

Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2005, 13:01 +0200 schrieb [hidden email]:
> I keep getting these errors from SMTP authentication at my provider.
> It only happens in Evolution 2.2.1 in the SuSE Linux 9.3 Novell
> version.
> Has it soething to do with the certificates the ISP's mail server
> requires? If so, how do I delete old certificates so that I can get
> new ones?

ssl certificates are stored in the directory "$HOME/.camel_certs".

> ERROR:
> Unable to authenticate to SMTP server.
> Bad authentication response from server.
>
> It does not matter how many times I enter the password; it does not
> get authorisation

you can set CAMEL_DEBUG=all as an environment setting before starting
evolution to get more output, see
http://gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml for more information.
(fyi: camel is evolution's mail access library.)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:[hidden email] | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authentication by SMTP Server ERROR

LLLActive@GMail.com
Thanx Andre, the situation seems normal again.

Looking at such a SSL Cert., what does it mean when the Signature is BAD? Is it 'safe' to accept?
______________________________
Example:

SSL Certificate check for pop.gmail.com:
Issuer: E=[hidden email],CN=Thawte Server CA,OU=Certification Services Division,O=Thawte Consulting cc,L=Cape Town,ST=Western Cape,C=ZA
Subject: CN=pop.gmail.com,O=Google Inc,L=Mountain View,ST=California,C=US
Fingerprint: f2:be:86:e4:e2:51:76:aa:b6:00:91:7b:97:a4:e6:f3
Signature: BAD

Do you wish to accept?
______________________________

tschuess,
Al


On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 00:15 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
hi al,

Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2005, 13:01 +0200 schrieb [hidden email]:
> I keep getting these errors from SMTP authentication at my provider.
> It only happens in Evolution 2.2.1 in the SuSE Linux 9.3 Novell
> version.
> Has it soething to do with the certificates the ISP's mail server
> requires? If so, how do I delete old certificates so that I can get
> new ones?

ssl certificates are stored in the directory "$HOME/.camel_certs".

> ERROR:
> Unable to authenticate to SMTP server.
> Bad authentication response from server.
> 
> It does not matter how many times I enter the password; it does not
> get authorisation

you can set CAMEL_DEBUG=all as an environment setting before starting
evolution to get more output, see
http://gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml for more information.
(fyi: camel is evolution's mail access library.)

cheers,
andre

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Send / Receive for only one account

LLLActive@GMail.com
Hi all,

I administer several pop3 accounts from various ISP's.
Is there a way to Send/Receive (F9) for only one selectable account in stead of all the Mail Accounts, like in M$ Outlook?
By enabling and disabling the accounts can get round to doing that, but a menu function with a scroll-down list to select the single account for Send/Receive will be quite useful.

Ciao,
Al



_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Send / Receive for only one account

Chenthill-2
Yes, thats a good thing to have. There is an enhancement already
existing for this http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=240309.

thanks, Chenthill.

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:26 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I administer several pop3 accounts from various ISP's.
> Is there a way to Send/Receive (F9) for only one selectable account in
> stead of all the Mail Accounts, like in M$ Outlook?
> By enabling and disabling the accounts can get round to doing that,
> but a menu function with a scroll-down list to select the single
> account for Send/Receive will be quite useful.
>
> Ciao,
> Al
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Send / Receive for only one account

LLLActive@GMail.com
Thanx Chenthill,

As far as I can see, this patch seems to be a 2003 issue that no one is looking at anymore. Any chance of getting it to the attention of developers?

:-)
Al

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 14:23 +0530, chen wrote:
Yes, thats a good thing to have. There is an enhancement already
existing for this http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=240309.

thanks, Chenthill.

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:26 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I administer several pop3 accounts from various ISP's.
> Is there a way to Send/Receive (F9) for only one selectable account in
> stead of all the Mail Accounts, like in M$ Outlook?
> By enabling and disabling the accounts can get round to doing that,
> but a menu function with a scroll-down list to select the single
> account for Send/Receive will be quite useful.
> 
> Ciao,
> Al
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Send / Receive for only one account

Chenthill-2
Hi,
  Set the target milestone as 2.5 for the bug and cc'ed the mailer guys,
assigned to mail maintainers so that it would be looked into.

thanks, Chenthill.

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 11:06 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thanx Chenthill,
>
> As far as I can see, this patch seems to be a 2003 issue that no one
> is looking at anymore. Any chance of getting it to the attention of
> developers?
>
> :-)
> Al
>
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 14:23 +0530, chen wrote:
> > Yes, thats a good thing to have. There is an enhancement already
> > existing for this http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=240309.
> >
> > thanks, Chenthill.
> >
> > On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:26 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I administer several pop3 accounts from various ISP's.
> > > Is there a way to Send/Receive (F9) for only one selectable account in
> > > stead of all the Mail Accounts, like in M$ Outlook?
> > > By enabling and disabling the accounts can get round to doing that,
> > > but a menu function with a scroll-down list to select the single
> > > account for Send/Receive will be quite useful.
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> > > Al
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Evolution-list mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
> _______________________________________________
> Evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list