Basically question

Hamzeh Nasajpour
Hi guys,

I have a requirement like this:
* There are some applications (developed by myself) that need to store/retrieve the contacts.
* I need to sync these contacts with my online accounts, for example, Gmail or ...
* I also should access to them locally as offline.

So I think `syncevolution` is a good solution for me. I can set-up it on my system for syncing the local DB with Gmail. But I want to know how can I interact with local DB for read/write/modify the contacts on my device. In fact, my applications should have access to DB for read/write/modify. Should I use the `evolution-data-server` or `libsyncevolution`? Which is better? or any help on this issue. Is there any document about this issue?

Regards,
Hamzeh

Re: Basically question

Adam Tauno Williams
On Wed, 2020-04-15 at 13:36 +0430, Hamzeh Nasajpour wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a requirement like this:
> * There are some applications (developed by myself) that need to
> store/retrieve the contacts.
> * I need to sync these contacts with my online accounts, for example,
> Gmail or ...
> * I also should access to them locally as offline.
> So I think `syncevolution` is a good solution for me. I can set-up it
> on my system for syncing the local DB with Gmail. But I want to know
> how can I interact with local DB for read/write/modify the contacts
> on my device. In fact, my applications should have access to DB for
> read/write/modify. Should I use the `evolution-data-server` or
> `libsyncevolution`? Which is better? or any help on this issue. Is
> there any document about this issue?

I would start by looking at the Folks library/API - which is what GNOME
Contacts uses
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Folks

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:[hidden email]> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>