COmposing email bugs/I don't know how to do it

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

COmposing email bugs/I don't know how to do it

John Edward Serink
Hi All:

New email, have name 1 in the TO space,
names 1-3 in the CC space.
I try and select name3 to move it to the To space, it refuses to select. I highlight it and then try the Linux centre mouse button trick, does not work.
I select it and right mouse click so that I can choose copy or cut and when I right mouse click, it unhighlights.
I highlight name3 to update it in my address book and when I right mouse click....it un highlights.

What am I dong wrong here?

Evolution 3.22.2.

Cheers,
John


-- 
John Edward Serink Product Applications Engineer, Advanced Positioning Trimble Navigation Singapore PTE Ltd. 80 Marine Parade Road, Co. Reg. No. 199204958W #22-06 Parkway Parade Singapore 449269 Tel 65-6348-2212 Fax 65-6348-2232 DID 65-6348-2178 HP  65-9129-4250 Skype: johnserink


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: COmposing email bugs/I don't know how to do it

Berend De Schouwer
On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 08:54 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> New email, have name 1 in the TO space,
> names 1-3 in the CC space.
> I try and select name3 to move it to the To space, it refuses to
> select. I highlight it and then try the Linux centre mouse button
> trick, does not work.
> I select it and right mouse click so that I can choose copy or cut
> and when I right mouse click, it unhighlights.
> I highlight name3 to update it in my address book and when I right
> mouse click....it un highlights.

I can replicate this with 3.22.3.

I can cut and paste using the keyboard: highlight ctrl-c, ctrl-v. 

Right-click un-highlights, so "copy" does nothing.  I cannot copy and
paste using the mouse.

>
> What am I dong wrong here?

Dunno.

I'm doing the same thing wrong :)

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Composing email bugs/I don't know how to do it

Paul Menzel
Dear John, dear Berend,


Am Montag, den 19.12.2016, 10:24 +0200 schrieb Berend De Schouwer:
> On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 08:54 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:

> > New email, have name 1 in the TO space,
> > names 1-3 in the CC space.
> > I try and select name3 to move it to the To space, it refuses to
> > select. I highlight it and then try the Linux centre mouse button
> > trick, does not work.
> > I select it and right mouse click so that I can choose copy or cut
> > and when I right mouse click, it unhighlights.
> > I highlight name3 to update it in my address book and when I right
> > mouse click....it un highlights.
>
> I can replicate this with 3.22.3.
>
> I can cut and paste using the keyboard: highlight ctrl-c, ctrl-v. 
>
> Right-click un-highlights, so "copy" does nothing.  I cannot copy and
> paste using the mouse.
Selecting names and pasting with the middle button, works for me,
though just the name is copied and then autocompletion kicks in again.

I am not completely sure, what your exact problem is though. But to get
it fixed, please create a ticket for the Evolution project in the GNOME
bug tracker [1].


Thanks,

Paul


[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...