CTRL+U, CTRL+SHIFT+F, enter [345]+

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hello!

Evo v3.30.5 (Debian Buster)

Something that's been bugging me for a while now.

1) Enter CTRL+U on this email (View eMail Source)

2) Enter CTRL+SHIFT+F (Search eMail Source)

3) Enter "4" (Search for the numeral 4 in the eMail Source)

On my laptop the numerals 3,4,5 don't work in the Source Search box,
they do work in the normal email search box.  Additionally,  #
(SHIFT+3), $ (SHITF+4), and % (SHIFT+5) do work in the Source Search
box.

Question(s): Does this same problem happen for anyone else? Could this
be a software bug or a hardware bug?

Thanks!

-Jim P.

Re: CTRL+U, CTRL+SHIFT+F, enter [345]+

Andre Klapper
On Wed, 2020-04-08 at 11:11 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Evo v3.30.5 (Debian Buster)
>
> Something that's been bugging me for a while now.
>
> 1) Enter CTRL+U on this email (View eMail Source)
>
> 2) Enter CTRL+SHIFT+F (Search eMail Source)
>
> 3) Enter "4" (Search for the numeral 4 in the eMail Source)
>

> On my laptop the numerals 3,4,5 don't work in the Source Search box,

I can confirm this in 3.34.5 on Fedora 31. Pressing the numeral very
quickly twice works though. Probably worth a bug report at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new

On Wed, 2020-04-08 at 17:39 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-04-08 at 11:11 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > Evo v3.30.5 (Debian Buster)
> >
> > Something that's been bugging me for a while now.
> >
> > 1) Enter CTRL+U on this email (View eMail Source)
> >
> > 2) Enter CTRL+SHIFT+F (Search eMail Source)
> >
> > 3) Enter "4" (Search for the numeral 4 in the eMail Source)
> >

> > On my laptop the numerals 3,4,5 don't work in the Source Search box,
>
> I can confirm this in 3.34.5 on Fedora 31. Pressing the numeral very
> quickly twice works though. Probably worth a bug report at
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new

Thanks Andre, done:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/868

-Jim P.