Can't receive POP mail, Socket I/O timeout.

Can't receive POP mail, Socket I/O timeout.

V Spagnolo
Hi,

I'm no longer able to to receive POP mail for my primary email, although
I usually can send.

At first, Evolution displayed the error: "Cannot get message, Socket I/O
timeout". But it would get one message. And by changing the time to
check email to 3 minutes, I could get slowly get all my mail. After a
couple of days doing that, it no longer works.

Now I get "Cannot get POP Summary: Socket I/O timed out"

{~}$ CAMEL_DEBUG=pop3 evolution >& maillog
The output is attached

Preferences are to use SSL, which used to work and it what they say to
use
(https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-data/webservices/checking-your-xtra-email-or-domain-email-settings/). But then they say to not use SSL (https://www.spark.co.nz/help/servicealert/emailservicealert).

No sure what to do I tried 'Starttls' but that doesn't work either.

Another point is that this provider is moving email from Yahoo! to a
local company SMX.

I have done several searches looking for clues and I've asked on
#evolution. I have also tried to find a configuration value for a
timeout. And calling customer support didn't result in anything useful.

Suggestions?

Evolution 3.12.9 / Debian Jessie

maillog (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Can't receive POP mail, Socket I/O timeout.

Ralf Mardorf-3
Hi,

maybe this does solve the issue:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-February/msg00099.html

Edit > Preferences > Double-click an account > Receiving Options >
[x] Disable support for all POP3 extensions

Regards,
Ralf

On Fri, 2017-02-24 at 06:31 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe this does solve the issue:
>
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-February/msg00099.html

A humble thank you. Yes, that fixed it.

And apologies for forgetting to search this list.

Re: Can't receive POP mail, Socket I/O timeout.

Checking "Disable support for all POP3 extensions" does not work for me
trying to get my mail from the Yahoo server.
Worked up until two weeks ago, still works in Claws email with the same
settings.

Evolution 3.12.9 on Linux

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 19:46:08 +1300, V Spagnolo wrote:
>On Fri, 2017-02-24 at 06:31 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe this does solve the issue:
>>
>> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-February/msg00099.html
>
>A humble thank you. Yes, that fixed it.