Can't see my new messages until click I "Mark All Messages as Read"

Can't see my new messages until click I "Mark All Messages as Read"

Orrin McGill
I am using Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 with LM 19.3.
I notice that the Inbox radio button says I have "x" new emails.
But when I look in the Inbox there are no new emails.
If I then right click the "Inbox radio button" and right click "Mark All Messages as Read" the additional messages show up in the Inbox, marked as read.

Orrin M. McGill
Embedded Systems, Inc.
11931 Central Ave. NE
Blaine, MN 55434
(763) 757-3696 W
(763) 767-2817 F
(612) 865-6518 C

Re: Can't see my new messages until click I "Mark All Messages as Read"

Ángel González
On 2020-07-28 at 15:23 -0500, Orrin McGill wrote:
> I am using Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 with LM 19.3.
> I notice that the Inbox radio button says I have "x" new emails.
> But when I look in the Inbox there are no new emails.
> If I then right click the "Inbox radio button" and right click "Mark
> All Messages as Read" the additional messages show up in the Inbox,
> marked as read.

Is by chance the dropdown above the mail list set to show only read
messages?

On Tue, 2020-07-28 at 15:23 -0500, Orrin McGill wrote:
> I am using Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 with LM 19.3.
> I notice that the Inbox radio button says I have "x" new emails.
> But when I look in the Inbox there are no new emails.
> If I then right click the "Inbox radio button" and right click "Mark
> All Messages as Read" the additional messages show up in the Inbox,
> marked as read.

Just above the message list there is a dropdown box labelled "Show:"
change that from "Read Messages" to "All Messages"

Help -> Contents -> Common Mail Questions -> I cannot see some emails,
                                             where are they