Change attribute mapping in LDAP address books

Change attribute mapping in LDAP address books

our work address book can be accessed using LDAP. But for some reason
unknown to me, a user's display name is stored in the "displayname"
property.
I wonder if it's possible to somehow tell Evolution to use this
property to create the heading for the vcards shown in the "Contacts"
View. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the attribute mapping
in LDAP-based address books?

Cheers,
-Peter

Re: Change attribute mapping in LDAP address books

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-11-26 at 11:50 +0100, Krauß, Peter (SCC) via evolution-
list wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to change the attribute mapping
> in LDAP-based address books?

        Hi,
you cannot do that on the evolution-data-server (eds) side without
touching the code, as far as I can tell. Nonetheless, eds has a persona
scheme [1], which can be installed on the LDAP server. It will allow
more information to be stored/read from the contacts too. Maybe a
similar scheme installation can change the displayname thing (search
for the 'fileAs' part in the scheme).

Before you ask, I'm not sure how to install the scheme on the server. I
did it maybe once, long time ago, I do not recall the details. I'm
sorry.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/blob/master/src/addressbook/backends/ldap/evolutionperson.schema