Change color of unread email

Prometheus
Is there a preferably easy way to change the color of unread e-mails? I
am using Adwaita Dark and when a new mail arrives it's background is
the same as the other e-mail.

I've searched over the internet and found only some solutions with
changing css files but all had many problems as some "old solutions"
stopped working while others pointed to files that I couldn't find in
the folders they pointed.

My Evolution version is : 3.22.4

and I am on Debian Strech / Gnome 3.22.2

Thanks:)

Re: Change color of unread email

Milan Crha
On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 12:18 +0200, Prometheus wrote:
> Is there a preferably easy way to change the color of unread e-mails?
> I am using Adwaita Dark and when a new mail arrives it's background
> is the same as the other e-mail.

        Hi,
I suppose you mean background in the message list, not in the message
preview. Honestly, I'm not aware of any way to change the background,
neither the foreground, color for unread mail in the message list using
CSS. The information about 'unread' state is not propagated into the
CSS, as far as I know. Unread mails are shown in bold font and its icon
is an envelope with a start (or blue dot, or what your theme may use).