Closing Evolution

Bart-61
openSuse 13.1
KDE 4.11.5
Evolution 3.10.4
16 pop accounts  -  23 user created folders with matching filters
Several folders have several hundred messages saved, some have very few.
Evolution is set to purge deleted files on close.

This question is not about a problem, rather a subjective observation.

My usual process for using Evolution is to open the desktop application,
read the new messages, mark those I don't want to keep for deletion, and
then close Evolution.

When I close Evolution, there is a pause while the deleted files are
purged.  I understand this.

However, it seems, I empathize seems, to take longer for Evolution to
close if I use File->Quit than if I just click the little X in the upper
right corner of the window.

My question is:  Is there a difference in the code between the two
processes, or is it just me?

Bart

Re: Closing Evolution

Matthew Barnes

On Sat, 2014-10-11 at 17:52 -0600, Bart wrote:
> However, it seems, I empathize seems, to take longer for Evolution to
> close if I use File->Quit than if I just click the little X in the
> upper right corner of the window.
>
> My question is:  Is there a difference in the code between the two
> processes, or is it just me?

It's practically identical.

Here's the code for the [X] button:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/shell/e-shell.c#n142

Here's the code for File->Quit:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/shell/e-shell-window-actions.c#n454

Both paths call e_shell_quit(), which initiates the shutdown process.

Matthew Barnes