Contacts/ Address syncing

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Dear Sirs,

Usually in Outlook the contacts/ addresses (what I mean is mail id) will be saved and pop up comes when I type first few letters. In evolution that is happening only few mail IDs and not for all. As a result I have to search their mail IDs in inbox.

Could please let me know how can I save / sync all contacts locally or how to make those addresses suggestions to come .

I tried to do synchronise by going to contacts . It shows  4 items.
Contacts, Global Address List, Suggested contacts.

When I do right click on contacts and refresh few contacts appear in the right pane with phone number but not mail id.
If I refresh on Global Address List then more contacts appear in the right pane with mail id. But all IDs won't appear. If I refresh on Suggested contacts then no contacts appear.

How to make all mail IDs sync to evolution ?

Please guide.

Best Regards,

Re: Contacts/ Address syncing

On Sat, 2020-07-25 at 18:44 +0530, kumar k via evolution-list wrote:
> Dear Sirs,

I hope I can also reply if I am not a "sir"?
No need to assume gender of all subscribers on this mailing list. :)

> Usually in Outlook the contacts/ addresses (what I mean is mail id)
> will be saved and pop up comes when I type first few letters. In
> evolution that is happening only few mail IDs and not for all. As a
> result I have to search their mail IDs in inbox.
>
> Could please let me know how can I save / sync all contacts locally
> or how to make those addresses suggestions to come .

See the user documentation:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/contacts-add-automatically.html