EVOLUTION Don't display and don't remember the passwords correctly after restauration

EVOLUTION Don't display and don't remember the passwords correctly after restauration

Philippe PES
Dear all,

I'm news in this community and not confortable with this unusual forums, so please excuse me if it's not the right to obtain some help.
Also, I'm French ... so please be indulgent with my spoken english (thank, GG translate...)

I just finished my "migration" to a new machine and I'am now finalizing the installation of the different programs that I'm used to run and of course I encounter a number of problems ... Some of them are accessible to me and others less ...

For this two below despite many hours of research on the web and forums ... I'm blocked ...

The base  :
- Opensuse Tumbleweed 20190430
- KDE 5.15.4
- KDE framework: 5.57.0
- Version of Qt: 5.12.3
- Kernel version: 5.0.9-1-default
- OS type: 64bits
-
Problem N ° 1:
I can not see a correct display of my EVOLUTION email software while all my other softwares are displayed correctly (essentially KDE softwares).
As you know, this e-mailer comes not from KDE but from Gnome and I wonder if I havent miss any libraries for the display to be done correctly ...
However, I dont know how to find a library listing ... I probably need to have the minimum to run but I certainly miss some specifics libs that make up the display.

Problem N ° 2:
More annoying ... EVOLUTION does not remember my email accounts passwords ... I have to retype them each time I push the send/receive button, even though the checkbox "add passwords to my keychain" is checked ...

And there, I do not know if it's due to EVOLUTION itself or a more general problem with the keychain manager of KDE ...

I put these two problems in the same thread because they're possibly related because I carried out a "clean" installation of EVOLUTION but I did a restoration of my EVOLUTION which was on my old laptop directly ...

Thank you in advance for your answers

Sincerely

Philippe
Dr Philippe Pès - SAMU 44 - CHU de NANTES E-Mail : <a href="blocked::mailto:ppes%40club-internet.fr">ppes@...
Collaborateur SAMU de FRANCE : <a href="blocked::http://www.samu-de-france.fr/">http://www.samu-de-france.fr/
Collaborateur SFMU : <a href="blocked::http://www.sfmu.org/">http://www.sfmu.org (La médecine d'urgence)
Webmaster du CMUPL : http://www.cmupl.org
L'échographie pour l'urgentiste : http://www.winfocus-france.org
Corsicaria 2003 : <a href="blocked::http://www.corsicaria.org/">http://www.corsicaria.org (Meeting aérien à Ajaccio)

Re: EVOLUTION Don't display and don't remember the passwords correctly after restauration

On Fri, 2019-05-03 at 17:12 +0200, Philippe PES wrote:
> The base  :
> - Opensuse Tumbleweed 20190430
> - KDE 5.15.4
> - KDE framework: 5.57.0
> - Version of Qt: 5.12.3
> - Kernel version: 5.0.9-1-default
> - OS type: 64bits

Which exact Evolution version is this about?

> Problem N ° 1:
> I can not see a correct display of my EVOLUTION email software

Please explain what that means. What exactly is not correct? Does it
start and display? If not, what is the output in a terminal window?

> Problem N ° 2:
> More annoying ... EVOLUTION does not remember my email accounts
> passwords ... I have to retype them each time I push the send/receive
> button, even though the checkbox "add passwords to my keychain" is
> checked ...

Is the gnome-keyring package installed?

Re: EVOLUTION Don't display and don't remember the passwords correctly after restauration

On Fri, 2019-05-03 at 17:12 +0200, Philippe PES wrote:
> More annoying ... EVOLUTION does not remember my email accounts
> passwords ... I have to retype them each time I push the send/receive
> button, even though the checkbox "add passwords to my keychain" is
> checked ...

What version of Evolution? (See Help->About). The other version info
you give is not really relevant.

Also, Evolution is a Gnome package. It can run on KDE (in fact I do
that myself) but it doesn't interact in any way with Kwallet. It uses
the gnome-keyring system to handle passwords. It's also useful to
install the seahorse package to access these outside of Evolution.

Re: EVOLUTION Don't display and don't remember the passwords correctly after restauration

Philippe PES
Hi Andre, hi

Thank you very much to spend your time for me.
And you were right !!
My 2nd issue was due by gnome-keyring package that wasn't installed.
As soon as I have installed it the problem was wipe out.
Thank a lot again !

About my version of Evolution is the 3.30.5

And about my 1st issue: the size of the icons I will try to explain or attach a screenshot.
But it is possible that I also miss a gnome library ...
So,
It's about all the icons in Evolution that they are wery small unless I change the caracteres size in the configuration panel (KDE ou GTK)
Here a screen capture:
(CANNOT PUT THE SCREEN CAPTURE BECAUSE IT'S TOO BIG)

In the same time I will check on the developper corner of the Evolution official website if I can see a list of needed library and compare with my system...
But I don't know about the library and sometime the library name is not so explicit... ;-))
I will try...

So, thank you again for the help !

Nice day to all
Philippe

Dr Philippe Pès - SAMU 44 - CHU de NANTES E-Mail : <a href="blocked::mailto:ppes%40club-internet.fr">ppes@...
Collaborateur SAMU de FRANCE : <a href="blocked::http://www.samu-de-france.fr/">http://www.samu-de-france.fr/
Collaborateur SFMU : <a href="blocked::http://www.sfmu.org/">http://www.sfmu.org (La médecine d'urgence)
Webmaster du CMUPL : http://www.cmupl.org
L'échographie pour l'urgentiste : http://www.winfocus-france.org
Corsicaria 2003 : <a href="blocked::http://www.corsicaria.org/">http://www.corsicaria.org (Meeting aérien à Ajaccio)
Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce mail qu'en cas de nécessité

Le vendredi 03 mai 2019 à 17:52 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :
Hi,

[...]

Andre Klapper  |

Dr Philippe Pès - SAMU 44 - CHU de NANTES E-Mail : <a href="blocked::mailto:ppes%40club-internet.fr">ppes@...
Collaborateur SAMU de FRANCE : <a href="blocked::http://www.samu-de-france.fr/">http://www.samu-de-france.fr/
Collaborateur SFMU : <a href="blocked::http://www.sfmu.org/">http://www.sfmu.org (La médecine d'urgence)
Webmaster du CMUPL : http://www.cmupl.org
L'échographie pour l'urgentiste : http://www.winfocus-france.org
Corsicaria 2003 : <a href="blocked::http://www.corsicaria.org/">http://www.corsicaria.org (Meeting aérien à Ajaccio)

Re: EVOLUTION Don't display and don't remember the passwords correctly after restauration

Andre Klapper
On Mon, 2019-05-06 at 13:30 +0200, Philippe PES wrote:
> And about my 1st issue: the size of the icons I will try to explain
> or attach a screenshot.
> But it is possible that I also miss a gnome library ...
> So,
> It's about all the icons in Evolution that they are wery small unless
> I change the caracteres size in the configuration panel (KDE ou GTK)
> Here a screen capture:

I cannot recognize much in that screenshot because it is too small.

Which icon theme is used? I don't see an Evolution problem here.