Element can not be send to the calendar

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi,

I can not delete cancelled events from my calendar. Is that a know bug?
If I click on "Aktualisieren", I get the following error.:

http://imgur.com/a/HvW6Q

Best regards
Sebastian

CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR B 208214; Persönlich haftende geschäftsführende und vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafterin:
Neumüller CEWE COLOR Stiftung, Sitz: Oldenburg;
Stiftungsverzeichnis der rechtsfähigen Stiftungen des bürgerlichen Rechts im Bezirk der Regierungsvertretung Oldenburg Nummer 15(034).
Stiftungsvorstand:
Dr. Rolf Hollander (Vorsitzender), Patrick Berkhouwer, Dr. Reiner Fageth, Dr. Christian Friege, Carsten Heitkamp, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper, Thomas Mehls, Frank Zweigle
Aufsichtsrat:
Otto Korte (Vorsitzender)
UST ID-Nr. DE815453806; St.-Nr. 64/200/38999; GLN 40 04468 00000 4

cannot_delete_event.png (21K) Download Attachment

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 10:34 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> I can not delete cancelled events from my calendar. Is that a know bug?

Please indicate your version of Evolution (see Help->About). Without
that information it's difficult for anyone to diagnose your problem.

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi Patrick,

yes of course, sorry.

pacman -Qi evolution | grep -i version
Version                  :
3.22.6-1

Best regards
Sebastian

Am Mittwoch, den 29.03.2017, 12:05 +0100 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

> On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 10:34 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> > I can not delete cancelled events from my calendar. Is that a know
> > bug?
>
> Please indicate your version of Evolution (see Help->About). Without
> that information it's difficult for anyone to diagnose your problem.
>
> poc

CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR B 208214; Persönlich haftende geschäftsführende und vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafterin:
Neumüller CEWE COLOR Stiftung, Sitz: Oldenburg;
Stiftungsverzeichnis der rechtsfähigen Stiftungen des bürgerlichen Rechts im Bezirk der Regierungsvertretung Oldenburg Nummer 15(034).
Stiftungsvorstand:
Dr. Rolf Hollander (Vorsitzender), Patrick Berkhouwer, Dr. Reiner Fageth, Dr. Christian Friege, Carsten Heitkamp, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper, Thomas Mehls, Frank Zweigle
Aufsichtsrat:
Otto Korte (Vorsitzender)
UST ID-Nr. DE815453806; St.-Nr. 64/200/38999; GLN 40 04468 00000 4

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Milan Crha
On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 11:09 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> Version                  :
> 3.22.6-1

        Hi,
if I read it properly (I do not speak/read German), then the error
being there is that the calendar itself is in offline. I suppose you
can change events in that calendar when you are in the Calendar view,
right?

It also depends on the calendar type you use, I'm afraid. Which is this
one, anything like CalDAV, EWS, other?

There had been a similar issue in the past, I recall something around
"changes on meeting invitations work only if the calendar is opened in
the Calendar view first", though I thought that it's longer than
3.22.6, where I would not expect this issue.

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi Milan,

Am Mittwoch, den 29.03.2017, 15:15 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
> On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 11:09 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> > Version                  :
> > 3.22.6-1
>
>       Hi,
> if I read it properly (I do not speak/read German), then the error
> being there is that the calendar itself is in offline. I suppose you
> can change events in that calendar when you are in the Calendar view,
> right?

I have not tried to change events, but I tried to delete events. In my
CalDAV calendar it was possible. In the EWS calender it was not
possible.:

Löschen eines Termins im Kalender »[hidden email] :    Kalender« ist
fehlgeschlagen
Erinnerung kann nicht verworfen werden:Datenbestand ist offline

Google tranlation:

Delete an appointment in the calendar »[hidden email]: Calendar« failed
Reminder can not be discarded: Data is offline

> It also depends on the calendar type you use, I'm afraid. Which is
> this
> one, anything like CalDAV, EWS, other?

I'm using an Outlook calendar in Evolution. I used it with evolution-
ews and also with CalDav and DavMail http://davmail.sourceforge.net/.

> There had been a similar issue in the past, I recall something around
> "changes on meeting invitations work only if the calendar is opened
> in
> the Calendar view first", though I thought that it's longer than
> 3.22.6, where I would not expect this issue.
>       Bye,
>       Milan

Yes, it was changes on meeting invitations.

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 13:41 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> Delete an appointment in the calendar »[hidden email]: Calendar« failed
> Reminder can not be discarded: Data is offline

        Hi,
I see. The error message is misleading, as it speaks about discarding
alarm, which is not done in this case. I checked the code, and I see
there's a bug in evolution-ews in this regard. I'll fix it.

The reason "Repository is offline", is due to the EWS calendar not
being connected to the server, for whatever reason. I'll repeat what I
wrote earlier: does it help, if you open Calendar view first, edit an
appointment in that EWS calendar, and then you'll respond to the
meeting invitation in the Mail view as before?

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi Milan,

no. I can not edit an appointment in the EWS calendar in the Calendar
view. Also I can not create a new one.

Regards Sebastian

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 16:53 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> no. I can not edit an appointment in the EWS calendar in the Calendar
> view. Also I can not create a new one.

        Hi,
okay. Could you do some debugging for me, please? The steps are:
a) close evolution
b) open a terminal and run there this command (copy&paste):
   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
   (The actual path can be different in your distribution.)
c) wait for 3-5 seconds (to give D-Bus time to set things up)
d) start evolution in the Calendar view:
   $ evolution -c calendar
e) try to add an event into the EWS calendar

The terminal from step b) should have some lengthy output there. If
not, then the EWS calendar thinks it's offline. In that case check
content of:
   ~/.config/evolution/sources/
and
   ~/.cache/evolution/sources/
for all .source files which contain EWS (case insensitively), or your
server host name. It's possible that one of those files contains an
[Authentication] section which has empty Host key, as it happened in
the past, but it's only a blind guess. Filling the Host key with proper
value (your server host name) may help. Such change (in .source file)
is better to be done when evolution-source-registry background process
is stopped (once you do that, `evolution --force-shutdown` can restart
all background processes in one shoot).

By the way, is this a fresh installation (or you entered the EWS
account in 3.22.6), or it's an update from some older evolution
version?

P.S.: Feel free to reply to the list (Cltr+L) only, not to all. I am on
the list, thus you cannot miss me, and it makes things easier for me
(as I can also use Ctrl+L, instead of replying to all and deleting your
address (yes, I prefer replies to the list, unless stated otherwise by
the counter part)).

Am Do, 30. Mär, 2017 um 8:45 schrieb Milan Crha <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 16:53 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> >  no. I can not edit an appointment in the EWS calendar in the
> > Calendar
> >  view. Also I can not create a new one.
>
>       Hi,
> okay. Could you do some debugging for me, please? The steps are:
> a) close evolution
> b) open a terminal and run there this command (copy&paste):
>    $ EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
>    (The actual path can be different in your distribution.)
> c) wait for 3-5 seconds (to give D-Bus time to set things up)
> d) start evolution in the Calendar view:
>    $ evolution -c calendar
> e) try to add an event into the EWS calendar
>
> The terminal from step b) should have some lengthy output there. If
> not, then the EWS calendar thinks it's offline.

Before adding the event, I have output from b) and also after adding
the event I have output from b). I also tried Geary to import ics file
to the Evolution EWS calendar, but then I got the "offline" error
message. After a second try, I got the following error.:

http://imgur.com/a/Y2zfT

> In that case check
> content of:
>    ~/.config/evolution/sources/
> and
>    ~/.cache/evolution/sources/
> for all .source files which contain EWS (case insensitively), or your
> server host name. It's possible that one of those files contains an
> [Authentication] section which has empty Host key, as it happened in
> the past, but it's only a blind guess. Filling the Host key with
> proper
> value (your server host name) may help. Such change (in .source file)
> is better to be done when evolution-source-registry background
> process
> is stopped (once you do that, `evolution --force-shutdown` can
> restart
> all background processes in one shoot).

All [Authentication]  sections I found in the .source files, was
filled. Some
.source files don't have  an [Authentication]  section.

> By the way, is this a fresh installation (or you entered the EWS
> account in 3.22.6), or it's an update from some older evolution
> version?
>       Bye,
>       Milan

No, this is not a fresh installation. I added it before 3.22.6, so it
is an update from older version.

Regards Sebastian

CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR B 208214; Persönlich haftende geschäftsführende und vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafterin:
Neumüller CEWE COLOR Stiftung, Sitz: Oldenburg;
Stiftungsverzeichnis der rechtsfähigen Stiftungen des bürgerlichen Rechts im Bezirk der Regierungsvertretung Oldenburg Nummer 15(034).
Stiftungsvorstand:
Dr. Rolf Hollander (Vorsitzender), Patrick Berkhouwer, Dr. Reiner Fageth, Dr. Christian Friege, Carsten Heitkamp, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper, Thomas Mehls, Frank Zweigle
Aufsichtsrat:
Otto Korte (Vorsitzender)
UST ID-Nr. DE815453806; St.-Nr. 64/200/38999; GLN 40 04468 00000 4

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi Milan,

I also get the error message (translated by Google).:

Can not send item to Calendar. Calendar objects can not be received.
The user is the organizer of this meeting and therefore can not accept
it.

Please see https://imgur.com/a/iR68N

Regards Sebastian

On Mon, 2017-04-03 at 08:50 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> Before adding the event, I have output from b) and also after adding
> the event I have output from b).

        Hi,
okay, what are they? Could your share it with me? As it contains raw
communication with the server, I think it will be better to send
directly to me, rather than to the list. Only reference this thread in
the Subject, otherwise I might overlook your email in my spam folder.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan

P.S.: If you run the factory also with
   $ export LANG=C
then it'll give English error messages. Similarly when running with
evolution (from a terminal), it will turn the interface into the
English locale.

On Mon, 2017-04-03 at 08:52 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> Can not send item to Calendar. Calendar objects can not be received.
> The user is the organizer of this meeting and therefore can not accept
> it.

        Hi,
it sounds like
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=777946

But it's only a guess. It also depends on circumstances, data being
processed, actual state of the destination calendar and so on. Feel
free to file anew bug report and we can continue there. Maybe before
that, make sure you've at least evolution-ews 3.22.5 and that the
background processes had been restarted since you updated your
evolution-ews to (at least) that version. I know you've evolution
3.22.6, but I do not know the version of evolution-ews.

Re: Element can not be send to the calendar

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi Milan,

the Evolution-EWS version is the same as my Evolution version

pacman -Qi evolution-ews | grep Version
Version                  : 3.22.6-1

If I restart my pc, the background process is also restarted?

Regards Sebastian

On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 07:29 +0000, Schlatow, Sebastian wrote:
> If I restart my pc, the background process is also restarted?

        Hi,
of course it is, it runs on the same machine, which is to be restarted.