Endless attempts to retrieve or send

due to a kernel/firefox issue I had to run 'sudo shutdown -r now' by
Ctrl+Alt+F2 (tty2). I did this without closing applications before doing
so. However, Evolution was just opened, but had nothing to do.
Two other MUAs where affected, too and both still work, just Evolution
endlessly tries to retrieve or send. It never stops, doesn't download
or send anything and no messages appear.

POP accounts

$ evolution --version
evolution 3.36.5

Any chance for pointers to fix this, without time consuming debugging?

Regards,
Ralf

[solved] Endless attempts to retrieve or send

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hi, another restart of the computer solved the issue. Regards, Ralf