Evo 3.22.4 status bar

Ralf Mardorf-3
Hi,

I do not ask how to solve this issue, since I've given up to solve such
GTK app issues. So just for entertainment, a screenshot of an oversized
status bar.

Regards,
Ralf

evo3.22.4statusbar.jpg (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Evo 3.22.4 status bar

Prometheus
I am on 3.22.4 and I don't see this issue. I keep the status bar hidden
though, don't find it useful, probably to someone new to the program
just to read the explanations for the menu entries.

Pr0m

Re: Evo 3.22.4 status bar

Ralf Mardorf-3
On Sat, 2017-02-11 at 21:45 +0200, Prometheus wrote:
> I am on 3.22.4 and I don't see this issue. I keep the status bar hidden
> though, don't find it useful, probably to someone new to the program
> just to read the explanations for the menu entries.

I disabled the status bar, too, when it became that oversized. However,
the status bar is useful, to cancel an operation like receiving mails
completely, if something should take much too long. The cancel option of
the send and receive window not always does the complete job, so the
additional cancel buttons provided by the status bar are required.

Sure, you don't experience such an issue as a too huge status bar, if
you don't care about other issues. It all depends on the used theme,
e.g. do you follow upstream breaking the workflow for usage of most
apps, or do you stay with an outdated theme and just break a few apps
like Evolution, but keep the work-flow for most other apps?. Do you care
about a CVE issue of a dependency of a dependency of a dependency, or do
you simply ignored such issues, if upstream wrote too much bloated
insecure code?

Re: Evo 3.22.4 status bar

On Sat, 2017-02-11 at 18:26 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I do not ask how to solve this issue, since I've given up to solve
> such GTK app issues.

        Hi,
maybe you should.

> So just for entertainment, a screenshot of an oversized status bar.

There is some reason for it. What is it? What is so tall that it makes
the status bar reserve so much space? Is it the icon for the cancel
button?

You mentioned (in another message in this thread) that it's theme
related. I agree with that statement. What is your (icon) theme? What
is your gtk3 version, please?

I also do not have any issue with the size of the status bar.

Re: Evo 3.22.4 status bar

On Sat, 2017-02-11 at 18:26 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I do not ask how to solve this issue, since I've given up to solve such
> GTK app issues. So just for entertainment, a screenshot of an oversized
> status bar.

I think I know the underlying reason. For entertainment I won't share it.

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

[solved] Evo 3.22.4 status bar

Ralf Mardorf-3
The status bar has got a normal size again for Evo 3.22.5.