Evo, Zaurus, and MultiSync

Kelly J. Morris
In the next few months, I'm thinking of replacing my HPLX200 palmtop -
perhaps with a Zaurus. Is there a fairly idiot-proof way to sync the
Zaurus with Evo 2.x.x? Googling takes me to MultiSync. Has anyone had
any experience using it to sync Evo and the Zaurus?

TIA   Kelly
--
Kelly J. Morris <[hidden email]>

Re: Evo, Zaurus, and MultiSync

Dan Sawyer
Kelly,

It is not idiot proof, however it all works.

That said it is definitely a hobby, plan to dedicate a weekend to the
project. You can install evo and multisync before getting your Z. The Z
side is now pretty good, I would recommend a Hentges release. It has
most of what you will need and avoids the frustration of having to learn
Z package management before getting working.

Dan

Kelly J. Morris wrote:

>In the next few months, I'm thinking of replacing my HPLX200 palmtop -
>perhaps with a Zaurus. Is there a fairly idiot-proof way to sync the
>Zaurus with Evo 2.x.x? Googling takes me to MultiSync. Has anyone had
>any experience using it to sync Evo and the Zaurus?
>
>TIA   Kelly

Re: Evo, Zaurus, and MultiSync

Kelly J. Morris
On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 15:14 -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Kelly,

Dan,

> It is not idiot proof, however it all works.
>
> That said it is definitely a hobby, plan to dedicate a weekend to the
> project. You can install evo and multisync before getting your Z. The Z
> side is now pretty good,

Cool.

> I would recommend a Hentges release. It has
> most of what you will need and avoids the frustration of having to learn
> Z package management before getting working.

Uh, what's a "Hentges release?"

Thanks.  Kelly

--
Kelly J. Morris <[hidden email]>

> Kelly J. Morris wrote:
>
> >In the next few months, I'm thinking of replacing my HPLX200 palmtop -
> >perhaps with a Zaurus. Is there a fairly idiot-proof way to sync the
> >Zaurus with Evo 2.x.x? Googling takes me to MultiSync. Has anyone had
> >any experience using it to sync Evo and the Zaurus?
> >
> >TIA   Kelly

Re: Evo, Zaurus, and MultiSync

Iain Buchanan
On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 15:14 -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Kelly,
>
> It is not idiot proof, however it all works.
>
> That said it is definitely a hobby, plan to dedicate a weekend to the
> project.

I use multisync to synchronise evolution with my sony ericsson k700
mobile.  It works very well!  Once I got bluetooth working with the
mobile (which took most of the time) multisync only took a few minutes
to set up and get working.

Not your exact setup, but at least you know the evolution side works :)
--
Iain Buchanan <[hidden email]>