Evolution 3.10.4 - OS Zorin

london man
Hi Guys
Small problem using evolution at present it seems to have developed a
mind of its own
1.namely it has duplicated accounts.
2.keeps asking for pw.
3.Hangs when it feels like it.
4.One mail inbox has over 3000mail and the second account holds 1999..

I am totally confused at present

My point being as i am currently running Zorin OS 9 i have evolution
3.10.4 as my main mail app and with the current climate of Security i am
aske to use  Two-step verification for authentication.
Can you please advise her or do i need to change OS or Mail App.

i await your help and reply.
--
Regards

LM

Disclaimer:
If you are not the intended recipient of this message then you are not
to copy the contents to any other format. Therefore please delete it
from your system and inform the sender that you have received this
e-mail in error. The contents of this e-mail are the views of the writer
and any included pertinent attachments may also be legally privileged.

Be advised that whilst all reasonable efforts are taken to avoid virus
and malware in all
e-mails we can’t accept liability for any virus or malware that may be contained in it.
You are responsible for checking and deleting such viruses or malware.

Copyright 2015 All rights reserved.

Re: Evolution 3.10.4 - OS Zorin

Milan Crha
On Mon, 2017-03-13 at 21:55 +0000, london man wrote:
> 1.namely it has duplicated accounts.

        Hi,
what account type? Where configured?

> 2.keeps asking for pw.

Hard to tell.

> 3.Hangs when it feels like it.

Hard to tell, backtrace of a stuck application usually helps.

> 4.One mail inbox has over 3000mail and the second account holds 1999..

Not so many, right? What account type?

> My point being as i am currently running Zorin OS 9 i have evolution
> 3.10.4 as my main mail app

That 3.10.4 is basically ancient, there will be released 3.24.0 the
next Monday, thus you are way behind the current stable version (which
is, as of today, 3.22.6, released yesterday). I do not want to count
how many bug fixes and changes in general had been committed between
3.10.4 and the current stable version.

> with the current climate of Security i am
> aske to use  Two-step verification for authentication.

Two-step (two-factor) authentication, do we talk about Google services?
If yes, then delete your account from within evolution itself and
configure a Google account in GNOME Online Accounts, which allows to
connect using two-factor authentication. Nonetheless, there had been
issues with it, and they are fixed only in 3.20.6+ or something like
that, thus the more latest evolution(-data-server) you get the better.
You can consider to install a virtual machine with a distribution which
offers the latest evolution to give it a try before you might change
anything in your main system.