Evolution 3.18.5.2 Encryption with GPG from Hotmail Account - Problem - now a bit more specific

Evolution 3.18.5.2 Encryption with GPG from Hotmail Account - Problem - now a bit more specific

adg adg82439
Hi,

I try my best to be more specific:

I use on my PC with LINUX Kubuntu 16.04 LTS and Evolution 3.18.5.2  as email program.

When I try to use GnuPG encryption for email, I find,
if I encrypt a mail in Evolution and send it from a non Hotmail account
to a hotmail account,  it is recognized in Evolution and offered me a
comfortable decrypt option.

This is fine and the way I expected.

When I answer the encrypted email from the Hotmail account in Evolution or initiate an encrypted Email from Hotmail Account, always using Evolution as email program - no webmail in Browser -
it receives in Evolution just as a cryptic emailtxt but not with the option
to decrypt.

I didn't set any options in hotmail webclient, just use it as an account.  Are there some options I should set?

As I do not want copy and paste the content to a file and decrypt the file,
it should be a better way, I hope.

It might be a loss of recognition when sent over Hotmail account.

Does anyone know how to handle that problem?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Evolution 3.18.5.2 Encryption with GPG from Hotmail Account - Problem - now a bit more specific

Milan Crha
On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 07:42 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
> I try my best to be more specific:
>
> I use on my PC with LINUX Kubuntu 16.04 LTS and Evolution 3.18.5.2
>  as email program.

        Hi,
there is no need to start a new thread, neither to repeat all you wrote
in the previous message, just continue the thread you already started,
thus the archive will not be all mess.

I wanted to try this, with my outlook.com account, but their SMTP
server doesn't want to let me send a message, it ends with an error:

  DATA command failed: 451 4.7.0 Temporary server error. Please try
  again later. PRX4  [CO2PR04CA0001.namprd04.prod.outlook.com]

where the actual server address can change for each send attempt. I've
been able to send messages through that account in the past.

What matters here is not the message content as such, but the message
structure. I'm pretty sure it's the SMTP server garbling the message
during send, because evolution passes it the same message structure as
it understands (and which conforms to the related RFC). If you can
check the message source (Ctrl+U) of the message which doesn't work and
provide the message structure there, which is simply about Content-Type
and Content-Disposition headers, then it'll help. You can see there
something like this (it's what evolution generates, for encrypted
message):

while the message processed by the Microsoft server is likely different
structure.