Evolution CalDAV calendars marked read only. CardDAV does not work.

Evolution CalDAV calendars marked read only. CardDAV does not work.

Eric O'Connor
I have configured my calendar, and can view all of my events, but
cannot edit it within evolution. Is there a solution?

This appears to have happened before, was it fixed and then reverted?

https://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?t=816

http://askubuntu.com/questions/831999/evolution-says-calendar-is-read-o
nly

https://github.com/fruux/sabre-dav/issues/102

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2014-September/msg00049.
html

http://git.net/ml/evolution-list/2014-09/msg00042.html

Is CardDAV supported at all? It's referred to as "webdav" in the
address book menu, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting things to
work out, since the two are different things.

This is on 3.22.3 (default in Fedora 25).

Thank you for any tips!
Eric

Re: Evolution CalDAV calendars marked read only. CardDAV does not work.

Milan Crha
On Sun, 2017-01-08 at 17:40 -0700, Eric O'Connor wrote:
> I have configured my calendar, and can view all of my events, but
> cannot edit it within evolution. Is there a solution?

        Hi,
works for me, using DAViCal, Google calendars and some other as well.
It can depend on several aspects, including server configuration.

> This appears to have happened before, was it fixed and then reverted?

No, I do not think so.

> Is CardDAV supported at all? It's referred to as "webdav" in the
> address book menu, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting things to
> work out, since the two are different things.

Sure, again, works for me without issues. I can read/write using a
DAViCal server.

I would try to debug this:
a) close the evolution
b) open a terminal and run there:
   $ WEBDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/evolution-addresbook-factory -w
c) open another terminal and run there:
   $ CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
d) run the evolution

The interesting lines in the log are those which follow OPTIONS
request. An "Allow" header should advertise PUT or POST and eventually
also DELETE, and a "DAV" header should advertise "calendar-access".
This is for CalDAV. The WebDAV is simpler, it requests only to be
online, to be writable.