Evolution EWS: Suddelny I cannot access EWS Calender

Evolution EWS: Suddelny I cannot access EWS Calender

Joakim Tjernlund-2
Just noted that adding a new Calendar entry in my exchange server comes back with:
  Unable to send item to calendar 'Calendar'. Cannot receive calendar objects: Authentication failed

I recently changed my domain/exchange password and I guess this problem arose then. I changed
my local exchange pw as well(in keyring) and I can access my mail and contacts just fine.

Any ideas?

Re: Evolution EWS: Suddelny I cannot access EWS Calender

Joakim Tjernlund-2
On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 14:40 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Just noted that adding a new Calendar entry in my exchange server comes back with:
>   Unable to send item to calendar 'Calendar'. Cannot receive calendar objects: Authentication failed
>
> I recently changed my domain/exchange password and I guess this problem arose then. I changed
> my local exchange pw as well(in keyring) and I can access my mail and contacts just fine.
>
> Any ideas?

Forgot: Evo version 3.22.3

On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 15:43 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 14:40 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Just noted that adding a new Calendar entry in my exchange server comes back with:
> >   Unable to send item to calendar 'Calendar'. Cannot receive calendar objects: Authentication failed
> >
> > I recently changed my domain/exchange password and I guess this problem arose then. I changed
> > my local exchange pw as well(in keyring) and I can access my mail and contacts just fine.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Forgot: Evo version 3.22.3

Anyone? How can I debug this?
I not I can add new calendar entries via owa but these are not seen in Evo.

 Jocke

Re: Evolution EWS: Suddelny I cannot access EWS Calender

Milan Crha
On Fri, 2017-02-03 at 10:03 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Forgot: Evo version 3.22.3
>
> Anyone? How can I debug this?
> I not I can add new calendar entries via owa but these are not seen
> in Evo.

        Hi,
I can be completely wrong here, but it happened to me from time to time
that /usr/bin/ntlm_auth calls just got stuck, in the calendar factory,
which resulted in a very similar behaviour you are facing. My
workaround was to rename that /usr/bin/ntlm_auth to something else,
then restart the whole machine (or at least evolution-calendar-
factory). There was a related change in the evolution-data-server in
version 3.22.4, called "camel-stream-process: Avoid call of g_debug()
in the fork process".

If it's not it, then you can run the calendar factory with EWS
debugging on, like this:

   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w

then run evolution and try to open the EWS calendar, or just add/edit
an appointment there. There should be some activity in the log. If not,
then catch a backtrace of an evolution-calendar-factory-subprocess
which has "--factory ews" as an argument. These can be seen for example
with `ps ax | grep evolution`. Get the process ID (PID) and replace it
in this command:

   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=PID &>bt.txt

Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only). The backtrace will show what the EWS
calendar backend does.

On Fri, 2017-02-03 at 12:30 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-02-03 at 10:03 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > Forgot: Evo version 3.22.3
> >
> > Anyone? How can I debug this?
> > I not I can add new calendar entries via owa but these are not seen
> > in Evo.
>
> Hi,
> I can be completely wrong here, but it happened to me from time to time
> that /usr/bin/ntlm_auth calls just got stuck, in the calendar factory,
> which resulted in a very similar behaviour you are facing. My
> workaround was to rename that /usr/bin/ntlm_auth to something else,
> then restart the whole machine (or at least evolution-calendar-
> factory). There was a related change in the evolution-data-server in
> version 3.22.4, called "camel-stream-process: Avoid call of g_debug()
> in the fork process".
>
> If it's not it, then you can run the calendar factory with EWS
> debugging on, like this:
>
>    $ EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
>
> then run evolution and try to open the EWS calendar, or just add/edit
> an appointment there.

I did this(first I killed all evo processes) and now I can access my Calendar again :)

  Thanks, jocke