Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

adg adg82439
Hi,

I use on my Linux PC with Kubuntu 16.04, Evolution as email program.

As I try to use GnuPG encryption for email, I find,
when I encrypt a mail in Evolution and send it from a non Hotmail account
to a hotmail account,  it is recognized in Evolution and offered  a
comfortable  decrypt option.

This is OK.

When I answer encrypted from the Hotmail account in Evolution
it receives in Evolution just as a cryptic emailtxt but not with the option
to decrypt.

As I do not want copy and paste the content to a file and decrypt the file,
it should be a better way, I hope.

It might be a loss of recognition when sent over Hotmail account.

Does anyone know how to handle that problem?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

Andre Klapper
On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 06:33 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
> When I answer encrypted from the Hotmail account in Evolution
> it receives in Evolution just as a cryptic emailtxt but not with the option
> to decrypt.
>
> Does anyone know how to handle that problem?

Hard to say what Hotmail is doing wrong without a full example message.
:) Which Hotmail options did you enable? This is webmail?

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 06:33 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
> I use on my Linux PC with Kubuntu 16.04, Evolution as email program.

It's important always to say what version of Evolution as not everyone
knows what Kubuntu has. See Help->About.

Re: Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

Ángel González
On 2017-07-20 at 06:33 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:

> When I answer encrypted from the Hotmail account in Evolution
> it receives in Evolution just as a cryptic emailtxt but not with the option
> to decrypt.
>
> As I do not want copy and paste the content to a file and decrypt the file,
> it should be a better way, I hope.
>
> It might be a loss of recognition when sent over Hotmail account.
>
> Does anyone know how to handle that problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

How is your Hotmail account configured?

When connected to an account using ews, I have seen the email getting
corrupted on sending, not sure if it was on ews or Exchange side. It is
also possible that it got fixed on a more modern version of evolution
than the one I used.

Best regards

Re: Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

adg adg82439

Thanks,

how can I check the configuration of Hotmail?

What did you mean with "connected to an account using ews"?  I don't know "ews".

Best regards

On 2017-07-20 at 06:33 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
When I answer encrypted from the Hotmail account in Evolution it receives in Evolution just as a cryptic emailtxt but not with the option to decrypt. As I do not want copy and paste the content to a file and decrypt the file, it should be a better way, I hope. It might be a loss of recognition when sent over Hotmail account. Does anyone know how to handle that problem? Thanks in advance.
How is your Hotmail account configured? When connected to an account using ews, I have seen the email getting corrupted on sending, not sure if it was on ews or Exchange side. It is also possible that it got fixed on a more modern version of evolution than the one I used. Best regards

Re: Evolution Encryption GPG Hotmail Account Problem

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Wed, 2017-07-26 at 12:12 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
> What did you mean with "connected to an account using ews"?  I don't know "ews".

[Please don't top-post. Also, try to use standard quoting conventions
so it's clear which part of the text is quoted and which is your own.
Note that many people read these messages in plaintext, which is
usually the preferred format on mailing lists].

EWS is Exchange Web Services, which Evolution makes available as a
plug-in.