Evolution Filters broken

Christopher Marlow-3
Hi,

I have some filters that are not working anymore in LMDE.

I have filters set up like so:

I have my emails moved from my AOL imap account down to saved on this
computer where my emails are stored locally on my hardrive.

How do I have that rule set up? I have the rule at the top and the rule
goes move any emails address to [hidden email] to SAVED ON MY COMPUTER
filters.

I have filters not working anymore these are the following ones that do
not work anymore:

https://imgur.com/a/bEolD7u

https://imgur.com/a/ai1ktbU

Do not tell me to RTFM and read the help me.. I have done tried that..

I have been racking my brain on why these filters are not working for
me.

I dont understand what I am doing wrong that they are not working
anymore.

Can anyone tell me what I am setting wrong for those emails to not be
filtered into the right folders?

I am hoping that it is just a setting I have ticked wrong or something
out of place.

Evolution 3.30.5

Chris

Re: Evolution Filters broken

Christopher Marlow-3

--

WAIT A MINUTE........I think I have figured it out.........

I need to set my rules to FOR ACCOUNT......... to the AOL account

then set the rule as if from [hidden email] move to folder xyz on Saved on
my pc.

instead of moving emails directly to the saved on my pc folder first
then filtering them.. I need to filter the emails directly from the aol
account to the folder I need it to go to on SAVED ON MY PC.

So I had to remove the step that says move emails addressed to
[hidden email] to INBOX/ Saved on my pc... I delteted that rule and then
set my rules to FOR ACCOUNT [hidden email].

SO basically its moving the emails directly from AOL's IMAP server to
the folder on SAVED ON MY PC...

Sorry never mind false alarm and its 10:30 at night and I just figured
it out!

On Fri, 2020-10-02 at 22:30 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-10-02 at 22:19 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > I have some filters that are not working anymore in LMDE.

I think that I already answered that in
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-September/msg00150.html ?

>> Evolution 3.30.5
>
> --
>
>> WAIT A MINUTE........I think I have figured it out.........

Please NEVER post content below a "-- " signature delimiter. Most email
applications automatically strip content below that delimiter. I had to
manually copy and paste your last message to be able to quote it.

>> I need to set my rules to FOR ACCOUNT......... to the AOL account

Please fix your keyboard to only print one dot when you press that key.
It looks like your keyboard very often inserts several dots.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Evolution Filters broken

As Andre said, never comment below the '-- ' sig separator.

> instead of moving emails directly to the saved on my pc folder first
> then filtering them.. I need to filter the emails directly from the
> aol
> account to the folder I need it to go to on SAVED ON MY PC.

The filters operate on the unseen messages in Inbox(es). Once you have
moved the message to another folder, the subsequent actions don't
follow it to that folder. Also, once the message is downloaded and been
filtered, it has been "seen" so even moving it to another Inbox will
not cause the filters to be run on it. "Unread" is not the same as
"Unseen".

On Sat, 2020-10-03 at 11:41 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2020-10-02 at 22:30 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > On Fri, 2020-10-02 at 22:19 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > > I have some filters that are not working anymore in LMDE.
>
> I think that I already answered that in
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-September/msg00150.html
> ?
>
> > > Evolution 3.30.5
> >
> > --
> >
> > > WAIT A MINUTE........I think I have figured it out.........
>
> Please NEVER post content below a "-- " signature delimiter. Most
> email
> applications automatically strip content below that delimiter. I had
> manually copy and paste your last message to be able to quote it.
>
> > > I need to set my rules to FOR ACCOUNT......... to the AOL account
>
> Please fix your keyboard to only print one dot when you press that
> key.
> It looks like your keyboard very often inserts several dots.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> andre
>
> --
> Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
> https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

I dont remember putting that there. I can tell you that I didnt. I will have to check. I think my old version of Evolution put it there I will go in and edit that file.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Evolution Filters broken

Christopher Marlow-3
On Sat, 2020-10-03 at 11:41 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2020-10-02 at 22:30 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > On Fri, 2020-10-02 at 22:19 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > > I have some filters that are not working anymore in LMDE.
>
> I think that I already answered that in
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-September/msg00150.html
> ?
>
> > > Evolution 3.30.5
> >
> > --
> >
> > > WAIT A MINUTE........I think I have figured it out.........
>
> Please NEVER post content below a "-- " signature delimiter. Most
> email
> applications automatically strip content below that delimiter. I had
> manually copy and paste your last message to be able to quote it.
>
> > > I need to set my rules to FOR ACCOUNT......... to the AOL account
>
> Please fix your keyboard to only print one dot when you press that
> key.
> It looks like your keyboard very often inserts several dots.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> andre
>
> --
> Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
> https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

I was spacing out my thoughts, and no my keyboard does not stick. I did that on purpose I do that alot and no one else has a problem with it. IDK.

Chris