Evolution Mail Help Request: unified inbox, spell check and icloud

Evolution Mail Help Request: unified inbox, spell check and icloud

Sumner Magruder
Hello,
I am new to the evolution mail application, and so far I think I like
it. There are a few things that I need help with (that I have tried
troubleshooting on my own as well as consulting various forums).

In no particular order my issues are:

No unified inbox: while I have multiple accounts on Evolution, they do
not all appear under the main inbox - which would be prefered.

While spell check works fine, there appears to be no hot key to make
changes for suggestions (e.g. if I spell autheticate - which only
sometimes appears red - if I right click there is no suggestion for
authenticate)

I am trying to get my icloud account online. I have looked under apples
documentation and have tried a lot of trouble shooting to no avail. Has
anyone had any success on activating an icloud account and please let
me know what settings they are using.

Thanks!

Also what is the hot key for send (control-D on Mac)

Re: Evolution Mail Help Request: unified inbox, spell check and icloud

Andre Klapper
Hi and welcome!

On Mon, 2017-07-17 at 09:28 +0000, Sumner Magruder wrote:
> I am new to the evolution mail application, and so far I think I like
> it. There are a few things that I need help with (that I have tried
> troubleshooting on my own as well as consulting various forums).

> In no particular order my issues are:
>
> No unified inbox: while I have multiple accounts on Evolution, they do
> not all appear under the main inbox - which would be prefered.

POP accounts end up in the same main inbox so I assume you refer to
IMAP / other remote account types. You could set up a search folder:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-search-folders.html

> While spell check works fine, there appears to be no hot key to make
> changes for suggestions (e.g. if I spell autheticate - which only
> sometimes appears red - if I right click there is no suggestion for
> authenticate)

F7 only offers to go through all unrecognized words in the entire mail.
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-composer-spellcheck.html
Feature requests could be reported in the task tracker under
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution

> I am trying to get my icloud account online. I have looked under apples
> documentation and have tried a lot of trouble shooting to no avail. Has
> anyone had any success on activating an icloud account and please let
> me know what settings they are using.

"icloud" = email? Where to find Apple's docs? What does "no avail" mean
and what happens exactly? Are there error messages? Which ones?

> Also what is the hot key for send (control-D on Mac)

See "Help > Quick Reference" for some shortcuts. The main menu should
also display keyboard shortcuts right next to an item.
In this case: "Ctrl+Return".

PS: For future reference, mentioning your Evolution version is welcome.
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Evolution Mail Help Request: unified inbox, spell check and icloud

Pete Biggs

> "icloud" = email? Where to find Apple's docs? What does "no avail" mean

The phrase is "to no avail" and is an English idiom that essentially
means "unsuccessful" or "to no effect".