Evolution & onion-adress

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
Hello

I'm trying to connect Evolution to my Nextcloud server. It is running
in my garage and only reachable on the tor/onion network. How can I
make Evolution connect to a onion-adress?

Thanks
Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for calendar and
contacts?

/Jerome

On Wed, 2020-07-15 at 13:22 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to connect Evolution to my Nextcloud server. It is running
> in my garage and only reachable on the tor/onion network. How can I
> make Evolution connect to a onion-adress?
>
> Thanks
> Jerome
>
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for calendar
> and contacts?

        Hi,
you do not need to resend the question, (I guess) people would answer
if they know the answer, or even when they notice the question at all
(you resent it less than 24 hours after the initial question, which is
in hurry, especially when it comes to the mailing list questions).

For me personally, I've no idea what the onion-address means at all.
I'd suggest to use a proxy, a tunnel or some such thing, if it can
connect to the onion-address with no problem.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 13:36 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for calendar
> > and contacts?
>
> Hi,
> you do not need to resend the question, (I guess) people would answer
> if they know the answer, or even when they notice the question at all
> (you resent it less than 24 hours after the initial question, which
> is
> in hurry, especially when it comes to the mailing list questions).
>
> For me personally, I've no idea what the onion-address means at all.
> I'd suggest to use a proxy, a tunnel or some such thing, if it can
> connect to the onion-address with no problem.

Sorry for not explaining better. A .onion top level domain is a special
TLD used for addressing hidden services in the tor network. It was
reserved for that purpose by the IETF in 2015
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7686

I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.

But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 18:52 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 13:36 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for calendar
> > > and contacts?
> >
> > Hi,
> > you do not need to resend the question, (I guess) people would answer
> > if they know the answer, or even when they notice the question at all
> > (you resent it less than 24 hours after the initial question, which
> > is
> > in hurry, especially when it comes to the mailing list questions).
> >
> > For me personally, I've no idea what the onion-address means at all.
> > I'd suggest to use a proxy, a tunnel or some such thing, if it can
> > connect to the onion-address with no problem.
>
> Sorry for not explaining better. A .onion top level domain is a special
> TLD used for addressing hidden services in the tor network. It was
> reserved for that purpose by the IETF in 2015
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7686
>
> I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
> localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
> client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.
>
> But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. What services are running
on the Nextcloud server that Evolution would connect to? Mail? LDAP?
Why can't you configure them in the same way you would configure any
such service? Surely the communication through the Tor network is
supposed to be transparent.

poc

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 22:11 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 18:52 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 13:36 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list
> > wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > > It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for
> > > > calendar
> > > > and contacts?
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > you do not need to resend the question, (I guess) people would
> > > answer
> > > if they know the answer, or even when they notice the question at
> > > all
> > > (you resent it less than 24 hours after the initial question,
> > > which
> > > is
> > > in hurry, especially when it comes to the mailing list
> > > questions).
> > >
> > > For me personally, I've no idea what the onion-address means at
> > > all.
> > > I'd suggest to use a proxy, a tunnel or some such thing, if it
> > > can
> > > connect to the onion-address with no problem.
> >
> > Sorry for not explaining better. A .onion top level domain is a
> > special
> > TLD used for addressing hidden services in the tor network. It was
> > reserved for that purpose by the IETF in 2015
> > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7686
> >
> > I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
> > localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
> > client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.
> >
> > But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.
>
> I don't understand what you're trying to do. What services are
> running
> on the Nextcloud server that Evolution would connect to? Mail? LDAP?

The answer is in the part you quoted, Calendar and Contacts.

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Gary Koskenmaki
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 23:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 22:11 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 18:52 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 13:36 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list
> > > wrote:
> > > > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > > > It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for
> > > > > calendar
> > > > > and contacts?
> > > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > > you do not need to resend the question, (I guess) people would
> > > > answer
> > > > if they know the answer, or even when they notice the question at
> > > > all
> > > > (you resent it less than 24 hours after the initial question,
> > > > which
> > > > is
> > > > in hurry, especially when it comes to the mailing list
> > > > questions).
> > > >
> > > > For me personally, I've no idea what the onion-address means at
> > > > all.
> > > > I'd suggest to use a proxy, a tunnel or some such thing, if it
> > > > can
> > > > connect to the onion-address with no problem.
> > >
> > > Sorry for not explaining better. A .onion top level domain is a
> > > special
> > > TLD used for addressing hidden services in the tor network. It was
> > > reserved for that purpose by the IETF in 2015
> > > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7686
> > >
> > > I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
> > > localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
> > > client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.
> > >
> > > But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.
> >
> > I don't understand what you're trying to do. What services are
> > running
> > on the Nextcloud server that Evolution would connect to? Mail? LDAP?
>
> The answer is in the part you quoted, Calendar and Contacts.
>
> /Jerome

I used Tor for a few years some time back and as far as I knew there was no way back then to do what you're wanting to
do.  However I did a short search for Tor and email and came up with a link for you using Protonmail and evolution.  The
thread is a year old and only has 5 posts in it.  But it may be enough to get you started.  It does require you to use
Protonmail though as your email provider.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/anf2oo/protonmail_bridge_for_linux_evolutionmailclient/
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Jerome Lille
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 18:52 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
> localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
> client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.
>
> But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.

        Hi,
proxy settings, local to Evolution, can be found in
Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences. When you enable Advanced Proxy
Settings there you can configure proxy per account, but, to be able to
configure the account first, you might need to configure a global proxy
at the beginning. Evolution inherits system proxy settings by default,
thus you can configure the proxy in the system too.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Patrick O'Callaghan
In reply to this post by Jerome Lille
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 23:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > I don't understand what you're trying to do. What services are
> > running
> > on the Nextcloud server that Evolution would connect to? Mail? LDAP?
>
>
> The answer is in the part you quoted, Calendar and Contacts.

Those are general categories of service. What *specific* server(s) are
you running there, and how would you normally connect to them? Or does
Nextcloud just provide these things automatically?

To put it another way, can you ping the Nextcloud server from the
command line? Can you connect to it via SSH? Or does the Tor stuff
require a special client-side agent to handle these things?

poc

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
In reply to this post by Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 08:18 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 18:52 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
> > localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
> > client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.
> >
> > But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.
>
> Hi,
> proxy settings, local to Evolution, can be found in
> Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences. When you enable Advanced
> Proxy
> Settings there you can configure proxy per account, but, to be able
> to
> configure the account first, you might need to configure a global
> proxy
> at the beginning. Evolution inherits system proxy settings by
> default,
> thus you can configure the proxy in the system too.

Thanks Milan! I had missed the Advanced proxy settings and good point
about first setting global proxy so the Evolution can find my accounts
on the .onion adress and then just having proxy for those accounts.

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Pete Biggs
In reply to this post by Patrick O'Callaghan
On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 11:21 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 23:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > I don't understand what you're trying to do. What services are
> > > running
> > > on the Nextcloud server that Evolution would connect to? Mail? LDAP?
> >
> > The answer is in the part you quoted, Calendar and Contacts.
>
> Those are general categories of service. What *specific* server(s) are
> you running there, and how would you normally connect to them? Or does
> Nextcloud just provide these things automatically?

Yes. Nextcloud has mail, calendar and contacts built in (or rather they
are plugins/apps that are installed and enabled by default) - it's more
than just a cloud storage thing these days.

>
> To put it another way, can you ping the Nextcloud server from the
> command line? Can you connect to it via SSH? Or does the Tor stuff
> require a special client-side agent to handle these things?
>
The whole problem really is that Tor isn't a routable IP network so
things like Evolution that are built to use IP addresses don't work
natively on Tor. There are applications that have Tor capability built
in (such as some browsers), but for others you need a proxy.

P.


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 14:24 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

> On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 11:21 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 23:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > > I don't understand what you're trying to do. What services are
> > > > running
> > > > on the Nextcloud server that Evolution would connect to? Mail? LDAP?
> > >
> > > The answer is in the part you quoted, Calendar and Contacts.
> >
> > Those are general categories of service. What *specific* server(s) are
> > you running there, and how would you normally connect to them? Or does
> > Nextcloud just provide these things automatically?
>
> Yes. Nextcloud has mail, calendar and contacts built in (or rather they
> are plugins/apps that are installed and enabled by default) - it's more
> than just a cloud storage thing these days.
>
> > To put it another way, can you ping the Nextcloud server from the
> > command line? Can you connect to it via SSH? Or does the Tor stuff
> > require a special client-side agent to handle these things?
> >
> The whole problem really is that Tor isn't a routable IP network so
> things like Evolution that are built to use IP addresses don't work
> natively on Tor. There are applications that have Tor capability built
> in (such as some browsers), but for others you need a proxy.

Thanks Pete.

poc

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
In reply to this post by Jerome Lille
On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 14:18 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:

> On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 08:18 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 18:52 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > > I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
> > > localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud
> > > desktop
> > > client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.
> > >
> > > But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.
> >
> > Hi,
> > proxy settings, local to Evolution, can be found in
> > Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences. When you enable Advanced
> > Proxy
> > Settings there you can configure proxy per account, but, to be able
> > to
> > configure the account first, you might need to configure a global
> > proxy
> > at the beginning. Evolution inherits system proxy settings by
> > default,
> > thus you can configure the proxy in the system too.
>
> Thanks Milan! I had missed the Advanced proxy settings and good point
> about first setting global proxy so the Evolution can find my
> accounts
> on the .onion adress and then just having proxy for those accounts.

There is one problem that I still have. It is with custom proxy and
subscription calendar. On my Nextcloud server I have defined a
subscription calendar for public holidays. It has an external source.

On my desktop Evolution this calendar shows fine. But on my laptop
Evolution I get and error. The desktop has a direct connection to the
Nextcloud server and the laptop goes via proxy. What I get on the
laptop is "Failed to connect calendar Nextcloud:Public holidays.
Forbidden." I can see no errors in the log of my Nextcloud server.

Any ideas what is the problem?

/Jerome

 

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 10:03 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> Any ideas what is the problem?

        Hi,
try to run the evolution-calendar-factory with debugging on, to see
what it does. I'd guess it tries to connect to the subscribed calendar
with wrong credentials.

The command is (the actual path can differ in your distribution):

   $ export CALDAV_DEBUG=1
   $ export WEBCAL_DEBUG=1
   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w

After that wait few seconds, thus it can replace the existing calendar
factory on the D-Bus, and then run Evolution. You might see a lot of
output there (with plenty of private information exposed, encoded or
not). I'd even try to wait until the output on that console stops, then
right-click the broken calendar and pick "Refresh", which will try to
reconnect to it.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
On Mon, 2020-07-20 at 09:18 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 10:03 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > Any ideas what is the problem?
>
> Hi,
> try to run the evolution-calendar-factory with debugging on, to see
> what it does. I'd guess it tries to connect to the subscribed
> calendar
> with wrong credentials.
>
> The command is (the actual path can differ in your distribution):
>
>    $ export CALDAV_DEBUG=1
>    $ export WEBCAL_DEBUG=1
>    $ /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
>
> After that wait few seconds, thus it can replace the existing
> calendar
> factory on the D-Bus, and then run Evolution. You might see a lot of
> output there (with plenty of private information exposed, encoded or
> not). I'd even try to wait until the output on that console stops,
> then
> right-click the broken calendar and pick "Refresh", which will try to
> reconnect to it.

Thanks, had a look at the logs. This is what I think happens. My
Evolution (with proxy setting) tries to connect directly to the
external source of the holiday calendar. It is webcal.fi in my case.
But they are using Cloudflare and they see that the connection comes
from a tor exit node and block it. But I don't understand why Evolution
would try to talk directly with the external source. I think it only
should talk to my Nextcloud server. And it should talk to webcal.fi

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-07-20 at 18:32 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> But I don't understand why Evolution
> would try to talk directly with the external source. I think it only
> should talk to my Nextcloud server. And it should talk to webcal.fi

        Hi,
the Nextcloud advertises the external calendar as a direct URL to the
calendar, thus Evolution(-data-server) uses that direct URL. Nextcloud
does not provide content of the external calendar, or I do not know how
to get it from the Nextcloud CalDAV API.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 08:21 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-07-20 at 18:32 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > But I don't understand why Evolution
> > would try to talk directly with the external source. I think it
> > only
> > should talk to my Nextcloud server. And it should talk to webcal.fi
>
> Hi,
> the Nextcloud advertises the external calendar as a direct URL to the
> calendar, thus Evolution(-data-server) uses that direct URL.
> Nextcloud
> does not provide content of the external calendar, or I do not know
> how
> to get it from the Nextcloud CalDAV API.

A question about the Network Preferences dialog. Are changes to the
custom proxy settings supposed to work immediately? If not, then when?
I have been trying find a working solution to have different proxy for
different calendars on my Nextcloud server. But it is difficult.
Sometimes I think only rebooting the machine will effect changed
settings.

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2020-07-22 at 09:17 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> A question about the Network Preferences dialog. Are changes to the
> custom proxy settings supposed to work immediately? If not, then
> when?

        Hi,
it's immediately, as in: the next time the backend tries to connect to
the server. That is harder force with collection account backends, it
can be done with "Refresh list of account..." context menu option above
the account name in respective views. The second "Refresh" option can
cause re-connect attempt for the data backend (calendar/book/...)
itself.

If unsure, `evolution --force-shutdown` can do the trick too.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
On Thu, 2020-07-23 at 09:08 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-07-22 at 09:17 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > A question about the Network Preferences dialog. Are changes to the
> > custom proxy settings supposed to work immediately? If not, then
> > when?
>
> Hi,
> it's immediately, as in: the next time the backend tries to connect
> to
> the server. That is harder force with collection account backends, it
> can be done with "Refresh list of account..." context menu option
> above
> the account name in respective views. The second "Refresh" option can
> cause re-connect attempt for the data backend (calendar/book/...)
> itself.
>
> If unsure, `evolution --force-shutdown` can do the trick too.

I think the Evolution and proxy handling is faulty. Let me tell two
different scenarios.

First in Gnome settings I set network proxy to manual and pointing
towards the local tor proxy. Then in the Evolution network preference I
set the default proxy settings to Defer to Desktop Settings. Then I
define a new collection account. It will find my Nextcloud server at
the onion-address and all the calendar and contacts show up. Except for
the holiday calendar that is blocked. So far so good. Then I change
Evolution default proxy setting to No proxy and use custom proxy
settings instead, except for the holiday calendar. Then I go Gnome
settings and turn network proxy off. I don't want the whole desktop to
use this proxy. Everything still works fine. Then I restart Evolution.
Now my Nextcloud contacts are no longer accessible but all my calendars
seems to work fine. Then I restart the laptop and after that neither
the contacts nor the calendars are accessible, except to the holiday
calendar. I verified the local tor proxy is up and running after
restart.

Second scenario. Gnome network proxy is off. In Evolution network
preferences the default proxy settings is manual and pointing to the
local tor proxy. Then I define a new collection account. It will find
my Nextcloud server at the onion-address and all the calendar and
contacts show up, but inaccessible. The error message is "Error loading
calendar Nextcloud:Personal. The calendar is not marked for offline
usage" This happens although Evolution had just discovered this
calendar in the setup process. Then in Evolution network preferences I
turn off default proxy settings and turn on custom proxy for selected
calendars and contacts. I still have the same error message.

I think the Evolution proxy handling is faulty.

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution & onion-adress

Jerome Lille
On Fri, 2020-07-24 at 10:05 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
>
> I think the Evolution proxy handling is faulty.

Forgot to mention, I'm running Evolution 3.36.4 on Fedora 32

/Jerome

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
12