Evolution and RTL

Tal Raveh
Hello,

I'm using Evolution version 3.18.5.2 on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
How can I change the editor to RTL ? or change the default html editor that evolution use?

Best Regards,
Tal Raveh

Re: Evolution and RTL

Pete Biggs

> I'm using Evolution version 3.18.5.2 on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> How can I change the editor to RTL ? or change the default html editor that evolution use?

I'm afraid I don't know anything about RTL, but you can use an external
editor through a plugin:

    Edit -> Plugins -> External Editor

and from there configure the editor you want to use.

Since this is a plugin, it is not a core part of Evolution so there is
a possibility your distro doesn't include it.

Re: Evolution and RTL

Reid Thompson
On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 15:03 +0300, Tal Raveh wrote:

> Hello,

> I'm using Evolution version 3.18.5.2 on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> How can I change the editor to RTL ? or change the default html editor that evolution use?

> Best Regards,
> Tal Raveh

use the external editor plugin
https://www.google.com/search?q=evolution+external+editor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Re: Evolution and RTL

On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 15:03 +0300, Tal Raveh wrote:
> I'm using Evolution version 3.18.5.2 on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> How can I change the editor to RTL ?

By running evolution in a language/locale that is RTL. (Or did you ask
for the interface language in LTR like English while the UI elements
should be RTL? If yes please elaborate why someone would want that.)

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Evolution and RTL

Tal Raveh
hello and thank for your reply.
external editor it's for text editor and not HTML editor.

Regards,
Tal Raveh

On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 13:26 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

> > I'm using Evolution version 3.18.5.2 on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> > How can I change the editor to RTL ? or change the default html editor that evolution use?
> >

> I'm afraid I don't know anything about RTL

I was somewhat confused as well, but apparently RTL isn't the name of
an editor (as the question seems to imply), but means Right-To-Left.