Evolution calendar: new appointment question.

Evolution calendar: new appointment question.

David Ronis
I'm using evolution 2.4.1 and have several calendars (3 local and 2 web
calendars for things like national holidays, and one from my contacts
for birthdays etc.).  Whenever I try to create a new appointment, the
popup has the last calendar on the list (Birthdays & Anniversaries)
showing, and this makes the dialog not writable until I select one of my
local calendars.  I've tried setting one of these as the default, but
the setting seems to be ignored (or used for something else).

I think this is a bug.  Minimally, only writable calendars should appear
in the calendar selection menu of the popup, although preferably you
should be able to specify the default calendar to use, or evolution
should remember the last calendar used and offer that as the defualt
choice for the next entry.

David

Re: Evolution calendar: new appointment question.

Scott Anderson-3
--- David Ronis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using evolution 2.4.1 and have several calendars (3 local and 2 web
> calendars for things like national holidays, and one from my contacts
> for birthdays etc.).  Whenever I try to create a new appointment, the
> popup has the last calendar on the list (Birthdays & Anniversaries)
> showing, and this makes the dialog not writable until I select one of my
> local calendars.  I've tried setting one of these as the default, but
> the setting seems to be ignored (or used for something else).
>
> I think this is a bug.  Minimally, only writable calendars should appear
> in the calendar selection menu of the popup, although preferably you
> should be able to specify the default calendar to use, or evolution
> should remember the last calendar used and offer that as the defualt
> choice for the next entry.

This has been seen before (Bug 303296).  The developers consider this an enhancement.  I agree
that it is an important feature to include.

Scott

Re: Evolution calendar: new appointment question.

Chenthill-2
Hi David,
        Yes its a bug. The one highlighted in the left pane is
considered as the default calendar. Though there is a setting in the
properties, its not honored which obviously need to be fixed. For now
you can change highlighted calendar (it will be the one selected in the
editor).

thanks, Chenthill.

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 10:49 -0500, David Ronis wrote:

> I'm using evolution 2.4.1 and have several calendars (3 local and 2 web
> calendars for things like national holidays, and one from my contacts
> for birthdays etc.).  Whenever I try to create a new appointment, the
> popup has the last calendar on the list (Birthdays & Anniversaries)
> showing, and this makes the dialog not writable until I select one of my
> local calendars.  I've tried setting one of these as the default, but
> the setting seems to be ignored (or used for something else).
>
> I think this is a bug.  Minimally, only writable calendars should appear
> in the calendar selection menu of the popup, although preferably you
> should be able to specify the default calendar to use, or evolution
> should remember the last calendar used and offer that as the defualt
> choice for the next entry.
>
> David

Re: Evolution calendar: new appointment question.

Karsten Bräckelmann-2

> > I'm using evolution 2.4.1 and have several calendars (3 local and 2 web
> > calendars for things like national holidays, and one from my contacts
> > for birthdays etc.).  Whenever I try to create a new appointment, the
> > popup has the last calendar on the list (Birthdays & Anniversaries)
> > showing, and this makes the dialog not writable until I select one of my
> > local calendars.  I've tried setting one of these as the default, but
> > the setting seems to be ignored (or used for something else).
> >
> > I think this is a bug.  Minimally, only writable calendars should appear
> > in the calendar selection menu of the popup, although preferably you
> > should be able to specify the default calendar to use, or evolution
> > should remember the last calendar used and offer that as the defualt
> > choice for the next entry.
>
> This has been seen before (Bug 303296).  The developers consider this an enhancement.  I agree
> that it is an important feature to include.

FYI, it's a "bug" again. ;)