Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

Karl Leo
Dear mailing list,
there is a small annoying glitch in my Evolution setup (3.28.5-0 on Ubuntu
18.04.1):
when I want to change the date of an appointment, the arrows for changing
month and year overlap (the "<>" symbols in the circle in the photo). It is
not possible to change either month or year in a controlled manner. Is there
a workaround for that?
Best regards
Karl

<http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/file/t375804/Evolution_change_date_bug.jpg>

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hello, Karl -

This isn't much help, but just for information, I have Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 also (Linux Mint 19.1), but I do NOT see the same problem you mention.  I tried both creating a new appointment and editing an existing appointment and the pop-up calendar behaves exactly as desired (when the pop-up calendar is displayed, I can't manage to take a screenshot).

I am using the Cinnamon desktop (4.0.10) - could this be related to another desktop?

Ed

On 5/20/19 3:35 AM, Karl Leo wrote:
Dear mailing list,
there is a small annoying glitch in my Evolution setup (3.28.5-0 on Ubuntu
18.04.1):
when I want to change the date of an appointment, the arrows for changing
month and year overlap (the "<>" symbols in the circle in the photo). It is
not possible to change either month or year in a controlled manner. Is there
a workaround for that?
Best regards
Karl

<http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/file/t375804/Evolution_change_date_bug.jpg>

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
Cinnamon 4.0.10

Re: Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

Karl Leo
Dear Ed,
it is Gnome, I am using standard Ubuntu.
Could you take a photo to show how it looks? I also had to photograph it
because the Gnome screenshot also does not work.
Regards
Karl

On Mon, 2019-05-20 at 02:35 -0500, Karl Leo wrote:
> Dear mailing list,
> there is a small annoying glitch in my Evolution setup (3.28.5-0 on Ubuntu
> 18.04.1):
> when I want to change the date of an appointment, the arrows for changing
> month and year overlap (the "<>" symbols in the circle in the photo). It is
> not possible to change either month or year in a controlled manner. Is there
> a workaround for that?

Unlikely if it's really a bug in the Evolution upstream code... You
could experiment with different fonts/themes but no idea if related.

Cannot reproduce in 3.32 on Fedora running in English language.

In general, feel free to report bugs in the issue tracking system of
your distribution if your distribution still supports old Evolution
versions (3.28) and if you cannot reproduce in recent versions (3.32).

Re: Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

On Mon, 2019-05-20 at 02:35 -0500, Karl Leo wrote:
> when I want to change the date of an appointment, the arrows for
> changing month and year overlap (the "<>" symbols in the circle in
> the photo).

        Hi,
it might be
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/182

Re: Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

Karl Leo
yes, it seems to be this bug, sorry for overlooking it. I presume that the
problem should then be solved with 3.30 an on.
Thanks for the quick help!
Regards
Karl

On Mon, 2019-05-20 at 10:30 -0500, Karl Leo wrote:
> I presume that the problem should then be solved with 3.30 an on.

        Hi,
the bug says [2]: for 3.31.2 and future versions and 3.30.3 and future
versions. Thus not every 3.30.x has it fixed.

[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/182#note_356634

karl2.jpg (57K) Download Attachment

Re: Evolution calender glitch: change date of appoinment

Karl Leo
OK, thanks, so it is related to Gnome and/or German language interface...

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/