Evolution doesn't download some emails

Florian Alber
Hi,

I've the problem, that sometimes Evolution doesn't download my emails. If I look inside my webmail the email is there, but evolution isn't able to download it. It looks like this:

This happens only sometimes and not on the same contact. But every email which has this problem, has some pdf attached.

Currently I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome 3.18.5 with Evolution 3.18.5.2.

I hope you can help me and If I can help by delivering further information please let me know.

Best regards,
Florian

Re: Evolution doesn't download some emails

Pete Biggs
On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 07:24 +0000, Florian Alber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've the problem, that sometimes Evolution doesn't download my
> emails. If I look inside my webmail the email is there, but evolution
> isn't able to download it. It looks like this:
>

> This happens only sometimes and not on the same contact. But every
> email which has this problem, has some pdf attached.
>
> Currently I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome 3.18.5 with Evolution 3.18.5.2.
>
> I hope you can help me and If I can help by delivering further
> information please let me know.

What protocol do you use to get your email? IMAP? POP?

Any error messages?

If it's POP then you should look in the archives at the many threads on
this recently. TL;DR hotmail made a change that breaks things, turn of
POP extensions and it will work, but it will be slow and other things
may break.