Evolution email client support

I've read the manual (at least i think so) and I don't found how to set
the behavior after you are reading a note, and decide delete it. Many
times I don't want go to the next message(that is the actual behavior),
just go back to the messages list.
May I set a keyboard short cut to toggle this (read next/go back to the
list)
I'll apreciate your attention, even send me to the right message list
for my question.
Best regards.
Juan Manuel

Re: Evolution email client support

On Sun, 2020-10-11 at 03:36 -0500, Juan Manuel Carrillo Campos wrote:

> Hello,
> I've read the manual (at least i think so) and I don't found how to set
> the behavior after you are reading a note, and decide delete it. Many
> times I don't want go to the next message(that is the actual behavior),
> just go back to the messages list.
> May I set a keyboard short cut to toggle this (read next/go back to the
> list)
> I'll apreciate your attention, even send me to the right message list
> for my question.
> Best regards.
> Juan Manuel

I cannot follow. How are notes related to messages? Could you please
provide a list of steps to reproduce, as a list of steps, plus include
Evolution version information?

Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]

Re: Evolution email client support

On Sun, 2020-10-11 at 03:36 -0500, Juan Manuel Carrillo Campos via
evolution-list wrote:
> I don't found how to set the behavior after you are reading a note,
> and decide delete it. Many times I don't want go to the next
> message(that is the actual behavior), just go back to the messages
> list.

        Hi,
I'm not sure I understand this properly, but I suppose you read
messages in a new window, not below/beside the message list. Being it
it, there's a hidden option to close the window after the message is
deleted. You can set it from a terminal like this:

   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail browser-close-on-delete-or-junk true

The default value is 'false', to not do that.

On Mon, 2020-10-12 at 10:23 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2020-10-11 at 03:36 -0500, Juan Manuel Carrillo Campos wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I've read the manual (at least i think so) and I don't found how to set
> > the behavior after you are reading a note, and decide delete it. Many
> > times I don't want go to the next message(that is the actual behavior),
> > just go back to the messages list.
> > May I set a keyboard short cut to toggle this (read next/go back to the
> > list)
> > I'll apreciate your attention, even send me to the right message list
> > for my question.
> > Best regards.
> > Juan Manuel
>
> I cannot follow. How are notes related to messages? Could you please
> provide a list of steps to reproduce, as a list of steps, plus include
> Evolution version information?

I suspect he means 'message'.