Evolution - external editor - import as HTML (similar to HTML file)

Evolution - external editor - import as HTML (similar to HTML file)

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
The HTML feature set within the default evolution editor is understandably limited. In addition and like many, I find myself using markdown more and more. While I'd love to see evolution accept and parse markdown, I understand that is a large project.

So I was wondering if there may be an easier compromise where when using an external editor, the transfer back to evolution would be similar to the inserting of an HTML file. That way the HTML tags are properly brought in.

Is that a feature that can currently be considered?

Many thanks,