Evolution hangs on mails with S3 stored contents

Tom

Evolution hangs on mails with S3 stored contents

Tom
Hi there on the list,

what app handles something downloaded - it's set to defaults, but I'd
like to "jump on that train" here, even if that doesn't seem to be my
problem. Opening JPGs is determined by MIME-type to the default viewer.

But what I often see: If the JPGs are stored in the Amazon S3 storage,
evolution hangs forever and I can't do anything then force-shutdown.
Has anyone seen something similar or are there explanation that I
haven't found so far ?

Best,
Thomas

Re: Evolution hangs on mails with S3 stored contents

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 11:28 +0200, Tom wrote:

> Hi there on the list,
>
> what app handles something downloaded - it's set to defaults, but I'd
> like to "jump on that train" here, even if that doesn't seem to be my
> problem. Opening JPGs is determined by MIME-type to the default viewer.
>
> But what I often see: If the JPGs are stored in the Amazon S3 storage,
> evolution hangs forever and I can't do anything then force-shutdown.
> Has anyone seen something similar or are there explanation that I
> haven't found so far ?

You forgot to state your version of Evolution.

Also, I'm afraid I don't understand your first sentence. Please
rephrase it, maybe avoiding colloquialisms.

Re: Evolution hangs on mails with S3 stored contents

Adam Tauno Williams
On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 11:28 +0200, Tom wrote:
> what app handles something downloaded - it's set to defaults, but I'd
> like to "jump on that train" here, even if that doesn't seem to be my
> problem. Opening JPGs is determined by MIME-type to the default
> viewer.
> But what I often see: If the JPGs are stored in the Amazon S3
> storage, evolution hangs forever and I can't do anything then force-
> shutdown. Has anyone seen something similar or are there explanation
> that I haven't found so far ?

I have not seen such a thing.  It is hard to image where the JPEGs come
from matters.

Are the JPG's a *LINK* in the e-mail to an image on S3?

Or are the attachment from something running using S3?  If they are
attachments do you pick "Open" or "View Inline"?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:[hidden email]> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>
Tom

Am Freitag, den 02.06.2017, 07:21 -0400 schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:

> On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 11:28 +0200, Tom wrote:
> > what app handles something downloaded - it's set to defaults, but I'd
> > like to "jump on that train" here, even if that doesn't seem to be my
> > problem. Opening JPGs is determined by MIME-type to the default
> > viewer.
> > But what I often see: If the JPGs are stored in the Amazon S3
> > storage, evolution hangs forever and I can't do anything then force-
> > shutdown. Has anyone seen something similar or are there explanation
> > that I haven't found so far ?
>
> I have not seen such a thing.  It is hard to image where the JPEGs come
> from matters.
>
> Are the JPG's a *LINK* in the e-mail to an image on S3?
>
> Or are the attachment from something running using S3?  If they are
> attachments do you pick "Open" or "View Inline"?

I'll watch it more carefully next time. This time it was just what I
saw ...