Evolution icon

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
I have no idea how to use this list. Thanks for your suggests. I’ll muddle through.

Re: Evolution icon

On 15. Mar 2020, at 02:31, John Gilbert via evolution-list wrote:
> I have no idea how to use this list. Thanks for your suggests. I’ll muddle through.

Hi,

in Apple Mail do not use “Reply”, instead use “Reply All”. Then delete “To”, but keep Cc.
Editing the email body works as for any other mail client, too. You got rid of HTML, I don‘t know, if this is still possible for all Apple Mail clients. I suspect that my reply contains HTML.

Regards,
Ralf

Re: Evolution icon

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Ok, maybe this is right.

Btw, I changed icon theme in PeppermintOS, a derivative of Ubuntu. I picked the elementaryOS theme which suits me. I can’t say I agree with the system theme overriding the application icon, but I can live with it.

Thanks for the pointer.

> On Mar 14, 2020, at 9:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 15. Mar 2020, at 02:31, John Gilbert via evolution-list wrote:
>> I have no idea how to use this list. Thanks for your suggests. I’ll muddle through.
>
> Hi,
>
> in Apple Mail do not use “Reply”, instead use “Reply All”. Then delete “To”, but keep Cc.
> Editing the email body works as for any other mail client, too. You got rid of HTML, I don‘t know, if this is still possible for all Apple Mail clients. I suspect that my reply contains HTML.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Re: Evolution icon

PS:

> On 15. Mar 2020, at 02:31, John Gilbert via evolution-list wrote:
> > I have no idea how to use this list. Thanks for your suggests. I’ll
> > muddle through.
>
> in Apple Mail do not use “Reply”, instead use “Reply All”. Then delete
> “To”, but keep Cc.
> Editing the email body works as for any other mail client, too. You
> got rid of HTML, I don‘t know, if this is still possible for all Apple
> Mail clients. I suspect that my reply contains HTML.

Nice, my reply contains no HTML, too, but unfortunately it contains no
wrapping either.

If possible use Evolution, instead of Apple Mail ;).

Re: Evolution icon

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Ok. I’m still in the process of setting up Evolution.

Next time.

On 15. Mar 2020, at 03:03, John Gilbert via evolution-list wrote:
> I can’t say I agree with the system theme overriding the application icon, but I can live with it.

Hi John,

it‘s possible to edit this, but IMO way too off-topic for this mailing list.

> Thanks for the pointer.

You are welcome!

FWIW iPad Mail provides an unsubscribe button, but apart from this feature, it‘s a PITA to use (in general and) for mailing lists. I suspect it‘s the same for Apple Mail.

Regards,
Ralf