Evolution mail - Linux version differences

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hello team -

I'm running 3.38.1-1 on Pop!-OS 20.10

There are a few things that I'm not sure now to work with.  The first
regards displaying HTML content. At the moment I have configured
Evolution to "load remote content only in messages from contacts" and
to "Notify about missing remote content in the message preview".  But
it appears that the the only way I can see the content (load images) is
to open the message in its own window, select View and then "view
Images".  But when I was running Evolution on Manjaro a few months ago
I noticed a handy image selector button in each message. Not so in the
Pop!-OS version.  Can I configure this version so that selector button
appears in each HTML message?

Also, I'm not able to print from Evolution.  Printing works elsewhere,
but I can't print a message.

Thoughts welcome.

Best

Reid

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Pete Biggs

>
> There are a few things that I'm not sure now to work with.  The first
> regards displaying HTML content. At the moment I have configured
> Evolution to "load remote content only in messages from contacts" and
> to "Notify about missing remote content in the message preview".  But
> it appears that the the only way I can see the content (load images) is
> to open the message in its own window, select View and then "view
> Images".  But when I was running Evolution on Manjaro a few months ago
> I noticed a handy image selector button in each message. Not so in the
> Pop!-OS version.  Can I configure this version so that selector button
> appears in each HTML message?

You can do Ctrl-I or View->Load Images without opening in a separate
window.

Alternatively you can enable "Notify about missing remote content in
message preview" under Preferences->Mail preferences->HTML Messages.
That will put a discrete notification at the top right of the message
preview (probably a light bulb icon), clicking on that will allow to
load remote content.

>
> Also, I'm not able to print from Evolution.  Printing works elsewhere,
> but I can't print a message.
>
What do you mean by "not able to print". Do you get a print dialogue?

P.


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 13:31 -0400, Reid Vail via evolution-list wrote:
> Can I configure this version so that selector button
> appears in each HTML message?

        Hi,
as Pete said, the 'Load Remote Content' information had been hid under
an image on the right-top icon of the message preview, which used to be
an "info" icon (depending on your theme it could a bulb, or a blue
triangle, or a bubble with an 'i', or...), but it changed to the same
icon as View->Load Images uses in 3.38.x.

> Also, I'm not able to print from Evolution.  Printing works
> elsewhere, but I can't print a message.

I guess you are affected by:
https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202363
As is written there, if it's it, then run Evolution as:

   $ WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution

and it'll work.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Adam Tauno Williams
In reply to this post by Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 13:31 -0400, Reid Vail via evolution-list wrote:
> Hello team -
> I'm running 3.38.1-1 on Pop!-OS 20.10
> There are a few things that I'm not sure now to work with.  The first
> regards displaying HTML content. At the moment I have configured
> Evolution to "load remote content only in messages from contacts" and
> to "Notify about missing remote content in the message preview".  But
> it appears that the the only way I can see the content (load images) is
> to open the message in its own window, select View and then "view
> Images".  

I am on 3.34.4 and I have a load-remote-content button in the preview.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:[hidden email]> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Pete Biggs
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 17:53 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

>
> >
> > There are a few things that I'm not sure now to work with.  The
> > first
> > regards displaying HTML content. At the moment I have configured
> > Evolution to "load remote content only in messages from contacts"
> > and
> > to "Notify about missing remote content in the message preview". 
> > But
> > it appears that the the only way I can see the content (load
> > images) is
> > to open the message in its own window, select View and then "view
> > Images".  But when I was running Evolution on Manjaro a few months
> > ago
> > I noticed a handy image selector button in each message. Not so in
> > the
> > Pop!-OS version.  Can I configure this version so that selector
> > button
> > appears in each HTML message?
>
> You can do Ctrl-I or View->Load Images without opening in a separate
> window.
>
> Alternatively you can enable "Notify about missing remote content in
> message preview" under Preferences->Mail preferences->HTML Messages.
> That will put a discrete notification at the top right of the message
> preview (probably a light bulb icon), clicking on that will allow to
> load remote content.
>
> >
> > Also, I'm not able to print from Evolution.  Printing works
> > elsewhere,
> > but I can't print a message.
> >
> What do you mean by "not able to print". Do you get a print dialogue?
>
> P.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list


Hi team -

The Ctl-I works great.  No icon, light-bulb or other indicator, in any
message.

As for printing, the message reads as follows"  

"Printing failed.

The printer replied “Printer not found”."

Reid

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Fri, 2020-10-30 at 09:23 -0400, Reid Vail via evolution-list wrote:
> > > Also, I'm not able to print from Evolution.  Printing works
> > > elsewhere, but I can't print a message.
>
> As for printing, the message reads as follows"  
>
> "Printing failed.
>
> The printer replied “Printer not found”."

Do you use a Flatpak version of Evolution? 
Does printing work from other GNOME applications, like printing a text
file from gedit or something like that?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution mail - Linux version differences

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 19:07 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 13:31 -0400, Reid Vail via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > Can I configure this version so that selector button
> > appears in each HTML message?
>
>         Hi,
> as Pete said, the 'Load Remote Content' information had been hid
> under
> an image on the right-top icon of the message preview, which used to
> be
> an "info" icon (depending on your theme it could a bulb, or a blue
> triangle, or a bubble with an 'i', or...), but it changed to the same
> icon as View->Load Images uses in 3.38.x.
>
> > Also, I'm not able to print from Evolution.  Printing works
> > elsewhere, but I can't print a message.
>
> I guess you are affected by:
> https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202363
> As is written there, if it's it, then run Evolution as:
>
>    $ WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution
>
> and it'll work.
>         Bye,
>         Milan
>
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-


Webkit thingy worked great.  Thx Milan

Reid

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list