Evolution on Scientific Linux 7.4 won't open accounts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Evolution on Scientific Linux 7.4 won't open accounts

Van Snyder
I have installed Scientific Linux 7.4 on one of my own computers.

It includes Evolution 3.28.5-8.el7.

I set up my accounts in exactly the same way as in another computer,
where everything works fine.

All the accounts are imap. Evolution calls them imapx.

After trying to open the inbox, one says

Failed to connect account "XYZ". The reported error was “Error
performing TLS handshake: Internal error in memory allocation.”.

Another one says

Failed to connect account "ABC". The reported error was “Failed to
authenticate: No Kerberos credentials available (default cache:
KEYRING:persistent:3593)”.

(My UID is 3593).

Is this a Scientific Linux problem or an Evolution problem?

In either case, I figure you guys are more likely to know the solution.

Van Snyder


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution on Scientific Linux 7.4 won't open accounts

Andre Klapper
On Fri, 2020-05-22 at 18:12 -0700, W Van Snyder wrote:

> I have installed Scientific Linux 7.4 on one of my own computers.
>
> It includes Evolution 3.28.5-8.el7.
>
> I set up my accounts in exactly the same way as in another computer,
> where everything works fine.
>
> All the accounts are imap. Evolution calls them imapx.
>
> After trying to open the inbox, one says
>
> Failed to connect account "XYZ". The reported error was “Error
> performing TLS handshake: Internal error in memory allocation.”.
>
> Another one says
>
> Failed to connect account "ABC". The reported error was “Failed to
> authenticate: No Kerberos credentials available (default cache:
> KEYRING:persistent:3593)”.
>
> (My UID is 3593).
>
> Is this a Scientific Linux problem or an Evolution problem?

This has to do with underlying system libraries. See for example
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1876286
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=318363

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution on Scientific Linux 7.4 won't open accounts

Van Snyder
Andre:

Thanks for the links. Interesting, but didn't solve the problem.

On Scientific Linux 7.8, I have gnutls-3.3.29-9.elz_6.x86_64 and
nettle-2.7.1-8.el7.x86_64. Updating doesn't do anything, so I guess none
of the SL repos have anything newer.

I also have what appears to be a different problem:

        Failed to connect account "ABC". The reported error was “Failed
        to
        authenticate: No Kerberos credentials available (default cache:
        KEYRING:persistent:3593)”.

Any further thoughts about either problem?

The only one of my accounts that works is gmail imapx, but I don't use
it much because google snoops everything.

Van

On Sat, 2020-05-23 at 10:36 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> On Fri, 2020-05-22 at 18:12 -0700, W Van Snyder wrote:
> > I have installed Scientific Linux 7.4 on one of my own computers.
> >
> > It includes Evolution 3.28.5-8.el7.
> >
> > I set up my accounts in exactly the same way as in another computer,
> > where everything works fine.
> >
> > All the accounts are imap. Evolution calls them imapx.
> >
> > After trying to open the inbox, one says
> >
> > Failed to connect account "XYZ". The reported error was “Error
> > performing TLS handshake: Internal error in memory allocation.”.
> >
> > Another one says
> >
> > Failed to connect account "ABC". The reported error was “Failed to
> > authenticate: No Kerberos credentials available (default cache:
> > KEYRING:persistent:3593)”.
> >
> > (My UID is 3593).
> >
> > Is this a Scientific Linux problem or an Evolution problem?
>
> This has to do with underlying system libraries. See for example
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1876286
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=318363
>
> Cheers,
> andre
> --
> Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
> https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution on Scientific Linux 7.4 won't open accounts

Andre Klapper
On Sat, 2020-05-23 at 14:52 -0700, W Van Snyder wrote:
> Andre:
>
> Thanks for the links. Interesting, but didn't solve the problem.

That's expected as problems don't magically solve themselves.

> On Scientific Linux 7.8, I have gnutls-3.3.29-9.elz_6.x86_64 and
> nettle-2.7.1-8.el7.x86_64. Updating doesn't do anything, so I guess
> none of the SL repos have anything newer.

And that is a problem to solve with SL; not with Evolution.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list