Evolution pop3 ssl

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Evolution pop3 ssl

Shawn Porter

Hi,

 

  I apologize if this has been covered, I got bogged down going through archives.

I just installed Fedora Core 4 and I am trying to get Evolution to connect to my postfix mail server (Engarde box)

Server Type: pop


host: internal IP

username: shawnp

 

Security: always use secure connection

authentication type: password

 

When I check for mail, I accept the Certificate.  Then a windows pops up “Error sending password: -ERR Bad Login”

 

I am currently accessing this account on another computer using Outlook 2003 and it is working just fine!!

Can someone point out the stupid little thing that I am missing in my frustration

 

Shawn

 


_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Evolution pop3 ssl

Sankar P
Are you sure that you use the correct password? Look at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3D271427=20

Check if your version is later to that commit made by NotZed.

To narrow down the problem, check server logs or use tools like ethereal
(www.ethereal.com)

Sankar P=20

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 17:46 +0000, "Shawn Porter"  wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> =20
>=20
>   I apologize if this has been covered, I got bogged down going
> through archives.
>=20
> I just installed Fedora Core 4 and I am trying to get Evolution to
> connect to my postfix mail server (Engarde box)
>=20
> Server Type: pop
>=20
>=20
> host: internal IP
>=20
> username: shawnp
>=20
> =20
>=20
> Security: always use secure connection
>=20
> authentication type: password
>=20
> =20
>=20
> When I check for mail, I accept the Certificate.  Then a windows pops
> up =E2=80=9CError sending password: -ERR Bad Login=E2=80=9D
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I am currently accessing this account on another computer using
> Outlook 2003 and it is working just fine!!
>=20
> Can someone point out the stupid little thing that I am missing in my
> frustration=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
> Shawn

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list