Evolution problen

Richard F. Gilette P.E.
I received an email that when I select it from the inbox list evolution
closes.  I can some times get it to last for a few seconds enough to
Know it came from a known person and he has no other complaints.
The header shows on screes and it the text box sais getting message
XXXXXXXXXX.  I copied the exact message # and a search of my hard drive
comes back no results.  I have a few hundred emails that I can not read
as it is frozen on this email before evolution shuts down. Backup and
restore were no help. Selecting the inbox that holds the bad email and
holding excape key delays the shut down long enough to piece together
the email title.  Is was sent from windows.
I am running evolution 3.28.5-0  ubuntu 0.18.04.1
I can't find where the inbox emails are stored, I tried all the hints
from thr web, and a lot of HD searches.
As I see it I have to find the email as stored on the HD and KILL it.
Any help in where it is would be appreciated.

Re: Evolution problen

Richard F. Gilette P.E.
Found the bad email in the backup file, and KILLED it. Restored
Evolution without the file and all is well.  Thanks anyway, rfg

On Sat, 2019-06-01 at 19:55 -0500, Richard F. Gilette P.E. wrote:

> I received an email that when I select it from the inbox list
> evolution
> closes.  I can some times get it to last for a few seconds enough to
> Know it came from a known person and he has no other complaints.
> The header shows on screes and it the text box sais getting message
> XXXXXXXXXX.  I copied the exact message # and a search of my hard
> drive
> comes back no results.  I have a few hundred emails that I can not
> read
> as it is frozen on this email before evolution shuts down. Backup and
> restore were no help. Selecting the inbox that holds the bad email
> and
> holding excape key delays the shut down long enough to piece together
> the email title.  Is was sent from windows.
> I am running evolution 3.28.5-0  ubuntu 0.18.04.1
> I can't find where the inbox emails are stored, I tried all the hints
> from thr web, and a lot of HD searches.
> As I see it I have to find the email as stored on the HD and KILL it.
> Any help in where it is would be appreciated.

Re: Evolution problen

On Sat, 2019-06-01 at 19:55 -0500, Richard F. Gilette P.E. wrote:
> I can't find where the inbox emails are stored, I tried all the hints
> from thr web, and a lot of HD searches.

You could take a look at the user docs:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html

But that's not needed anyway:

> As I see it I have to find the email as stored on the HD and KILL it.

If you know the specific message, disable the message preview in
Evolution, go to that message, and delete it. All in Evolution.

Re: Evolution problen

Ángel González
If you could share the killer message, it would be useful so that
whatever bug it is triggering can be fixed
(assuming it's not already fixed on a newer version, as you didn't state
your evolution version)

Best regards

Re: Evolution problen

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 00:44 +0200, Ángel wrote:
> If you could share the killer message, it would be useful so that
> whatever bug it is triggering can be fixed
> (assuming it's not already fixed on a newer version, as you didn't state
> your evolution version)

Please quote at least part of the message you are replying to when
making a comment.