Evolutiong drag and drop pictures

roman.sobota
Hello, I am running on Fedora 33, when I try drag and drop picture, for example from nautilus, I see only file:///home/rs/Pictures/vmware.png but not pictute. copy and paste from clipboard working. Regards, Roman

Sent from the Gnome Evolution - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Evolutiong drag and drop pictures

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 10:10 -0500, roman.sobota wrote:
> Hello,I am running on Fedora 33, when I try drag and drop picture, for
> example from nautilus, I see only file:///home/rs/Pictures/vmware.png  but
> not pictute.copy and paste from clipboard working.Regards,Roman

It's important to give the Evolution version, not the Linux distro
version. See Help->About.

Re: Evolutiong drag and drop pictures

On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 10:10 -0500, roman.sobota wrote:
> Hello, I am running on Fedora 33, when I try drag and drop picture,
> for example from nautilus, I see only
> file:///home/rs/Pictures/vmware.png but not pictute. copy and paste
> from clipboard working. Regards, Roman

        Hi,
it sounds familiar. I cannot find a bug for it right now, but I surely
saw some. Try to drop the file above the attachment bar at the bottom
of the message composer, instead in the message body. I think Nautilus
changes its handling of the file drag or something like that, but as I
cannot find the bug at the moment, I can be complete wrong about it.

Re: Evolutiong drag and drop pictures

roman.sobota
Hello Patric,
I have 3.38.1 (3.38.1-1.fc33)

Regards,
Roman

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Evolutiong drag and drop pictures

roman.sobota
Hi Milan,
when I try insert picture to bottom area( I try Nautilus or Gallery menu in
Evolution), picture attached. When I try insert picture to body of main I
see only small square. Drag and drop to body show something like
file:///home/rs/Pictures/A118580580_4596457767091789_4732087220217323524_n.jpg
But paste from clipboard works fine.

Regards,
Roman

On Fri, 2020-10-30 at 16:27 -0500, roman.sobota wrote:
> when I try insert picture to bottom area( I try Nautilus or Gallery
> menu in Evolution), picture attached. When I try insert picture to
> body of main I see only small square. Drag and drop to body show
> something like
> file:///home/rs/Pictures/A118580580_4596457767091789_4732087220217323
> 524_n.jpg
> But paste from clipboard works fine.

        Hi,
there's opened [1] now. Please see it for any further updates.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1200

Re: Evolutiong drag and drop pictures

roman.sobota
HI Milan,
thanks for info

Bye
Roman

On Tue, 2020-11-03 at 00:34 -0600, roman.sobota wrote:
> HI Milan,
> thanks for info

Please remember to quote at least part of the message you're replying
to. This reply on its own is meaningless without looking at earlier
messages.