Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Benjamin Selzer
Updated to 3.22.3, and (I believe) since that update, my Exchange (EWS)
calendar no longer syncs. I haven't been using my Linux install for a
while, and I've added dozens of meetings to my calendar on my Windows
side (same account). Upon returning to Linux, none of them are there.

I have removed and re-added the account via GOA. Mail syncs fine.
However none of my new events will get added to Evolution's calendar.

Nor will they show up in Gnome Calendar, nor in my Shell drop down top
bar calendar. So perhaps the problem is more widespread. Is Gnome
Calendar or GOA broken again?

I'm on Arch Linux.

Thanks,
B.

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Paul Smith-43
On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 10:23 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> Updated to 3.22.3, and (I believe) since that update, my Exchange (EWS)
> calendar no longer syncs. [...]
> Nor will they show up in Gnome Calendar, nor in my Shell drop down top
> bar calendar. So perhaps the problem is more widespread. Is Gnome
> Calendar or GOA broken again?

FWIW, since updating to Evo 3.22.3 in Ubuntu 16.10 proposed, my Google
calendars, tasks, etc. are all working great again... so it's not
generic to Calendar or GOA.

Maybe an issue with Exchange/EWS only...?

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 10:23 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> Updated to 3.22.3, and (I believe) since that update, my Exchange (EWS)
> calendar no longer syncs. I haven't been using my Linux install for a
> while, and I've added dozens of meetings to my calendar on my Windows
> side (same account). Upon returning to Linux, none of them are there.
>
> I have removed and re-added the account via GOA. Mail syncs fine.
> However none of my new events will get added to Evolution's calendar.

You will probably be better of configuring the EWS account directly in
Evolution and not via GOA.

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 10:23 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> I have removed and re-added the account via GOA. Mail syncs fine.
> However none of my new events will get added to Evolution's calendar.

        Hi,
just out of blue, do you have /usr/bin/ntlm_auth available in your
system? What if you rename it and restart the machine, will it start
working? I remembered, in the light of "[Evolution] Evolution EWS
stpped working after Exchange migration from 2013 to 2016" thread here,
that I also noticed some lockups when the evolution-calendar-factory-
subprocess dedicated to ews tried to authenticate using this ntlm_auth
binary. Getting this file away helped.

> Nor will they show up in Gnome Calendar, nor in my Shell drop down
> top bar calendar. So perhaps the problem is more widespread.

They all use evolution-data-server to get the data from the calendar,
thus, usually, when one doesn't work, then none works. It's not always,
just usually.

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Milan Crha
On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 11:01 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> I also noticed some lockups when the evolution-calendar-factory-
> subprocess dedicated to ews tried to authenticate using this
> ntlm_auth binary. Getting this file away helped.

        Hi,
I dived into this a bit more and there could happen a deadlock in a
fork() process, when it called either g_strerror() or g_debug(), on the
glib internal mutexes, thus I made a change [1] for 3.23.4 and 3.22.4
to not call these, which helped to me at least. It also means that the
problem wasn't with the /usr/bin/ntlm_auth as such, it was only a
consequence of another issue. This is with glib 2.50.2 here.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=7a33e8b

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Benjamin Selzer
I will check later. If I have that folder/file, rename it it to what?

On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 11:50 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> If I have that folder/file, rename it it to what?

        Hi,
it doesn't matter, you can rename it to anything else (ntlm_auth.orig
comes on mind). Just make sure that you'll be able to return it back if
needed.

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Benjamin Selzer
OK thanks will give it a try and report back.

On Jan 2, 2017 13:10, "Milan Crha" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 11:50 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> If I have that folder/file, rename it it to what?

        Hi,
it doesn't matter, you can rename it to anything else (ntlm_auth.orig
comes on mind). Just make sure that you'll be able to return it back if
needed.

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Benjamin Selzer
I do not have /usr/bin/ntlm_auth

Calendar still failing to sync.

They all use evolution-data-server to get the data from the calendar, thus, usually, when one doesn't work, then none works. It's not always, just usually. Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list [hidden email] To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Benjamin Selzer
I removed and re-added the account via the Evolution wizard, not GOA. Most of my appointments are still missing from my calendar.

Hi, it doesn't matter, you can rename it to anything else (ntlm_auth.orig comes on mind). Just make sure that you'll be able to return it back if needed. Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list [hidden email] To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

On Tue, 2017-01-03 at 14:41 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> Most of my appointments are still missing from my calendar.

        Hi,
okay, could we move to GNOME bugzilla [1], please? It'll require some
more detailed debugging and I do not want to bother users here with it.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution-ews

Re: Exchange Calendar Stopped Syncing since 3.22.3

Jonathan Platt
Good morning, did this ever get a resolution?  Having the same issue running Evolution 3.10.4 on ubuntu.