Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : NextCloud"

Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : NextCloud"

Since NextCloud v18.0.4 release I have been unable to connect Evolution
v3.30.5-1.1 to continuously CalDAV.  I can setup a CalDAV in Evolution,
and Evolution does prompts for the password and can correctly query
NextCloud for available calendars to select, but when the CalDAV
connection is saved, Evolution persists to display a blue banner with:

     Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : NextCloud"
     Failed with HTTP error 404: Not Found.

NOTE: there is only HTTPS on the NextCloud serve, and NextCloud works
perfectly fine in Firefox.

How can I debug this and/or resolve this?

tia,

-Jim P.

Re: Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : NextCloud"

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 10:45 -0400, Jim Popovitch via evolution-list
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since NextCloud v18.0.4 release I have been unable to connect Evolution
> v3.30.5-1.1 to continuously CalDAV.  I can setup a CalDAV in Evolution,
> and Evolution does prompts for the password and can correctly query
> NextCloud for available calendars to select, but when the CalDAV
> connection is saved, Evolution persists to display a blue banner with:
>
>      Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : NextCloud"
>      Failed with HTTP error 404: Not Found.
>
> NOTE: there is only HTTPS on the NextCloud serve, and NextCloud works
> perfectly fine in Firefox.
>
> How can I debug this and/or resolve this?

Looks to be a bug in Nextcloud:

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/20624

-Jim P.

Re: Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : NextCloud"

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 13:39 -0400, Jim Popovitch via evolution-list
wrote:
> > How can I debug this and/or resolve this?
>

> Looks to be a bug in Nextcloud:
>
> https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/20624

        Hi,
good. Just for the record, debugging options can be found here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging