Filters is not working for Exchange folders

Filters is not working for Exchange folders

Антон Козловский
Hello all,
I've created few rules with Outlook to sort the incoming email by folders.
So, now I want to set a custom notification for emails that have a test pattern in a subject or body.
I've created a filter, but it is not working. If disable exchange rule, that puts that kind of emails to the folder, Evolution filter is working.
Is it possible to make a filter working when all Exchange rules are enabled?

Thanks,
Anton

Re: Filters is not working for Exchange folders

Milan Crha
On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 02:18 +0300, Антон Козловский wrote:
> Is it possible to make a filter working when all Exchange rules are
> enabled?

        Hi,
do you use evolution-ews or evolution-mapi, or even IMAP, to connect to
the Exchange server, please? The evolution-ews has in Edit-
>Preferences->Mail Accounts-><account>->Edit->Receiving Options tab an
option to "Apply filters to new messages in Inbox on this server", the
same as evolution-mapi, but IMAP has there this option and also "Apply
filters to new messages in all folders".

The other two might benefit from such option too, it seems, and I'm not
aware of any bug report in GNOME bugzilla for it, thus if you can file
it, then it'll help. The code is under UI freeze and entered a string
freeze yesterday, but I think it still can be done for 3.24.0, if we
make it during this week (and receive approvals). But no promises.

Re: Filters is not working for Exchange folders

Антон Козловский
Hi,
I use evolution-ews. "Apply filters to new messages in Inbox on this server" is enabled already​
I've tested for a few times and looks like this problem is not because of bad filter configuration.

On Sat, 2017-03-04 at 04:55 +0300, Антон Козловский wrote:
> I use evolution-ews. "Apply filters to new messages in Inbox on this server" is enabled already
> I've tested for a few times and looks like this problem is not because of bad filter configuration.

        Hi,
you sent this on Wednesday, and because I had nothing to add, I didn't
reply.

Anyway, as I understand your issues:
a) you have enabled server-side filtering which moves incoming messages
   from Inbox to other folders
b) you have enabled filtering in Evolution for messages in Inbox (only)

That means that the evolution(-ews) does exactly what you told it to
do.

c) there is no option in evolution-ews to apply filters also to new
   messages received in other than Inbox folder
d) there is an option to apply filters in other than Inbox folder for
   example for IMAP accounts.

That means it is doable, but the evolution-ews doesn't implement the
feature (yet). Maybe no body requested it yet, I do not know.

I hope this clarifies the things.