Folder Sub-folders in move message

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
I am new to this list and this may have been answered before.

I am using Evolution 3.28.5 (3.28.5-10.el7) (Centos 7)

My sub-list of Mail Folders/ Threads is growing and when
I use "Move to Folder" all the folders are "expanded" even
when I have the View "Collapse All Threads" on

I also use Thunderbird where the view of folders in the
equivalent command "Move to" gives the folder/subfolder structure
that I want to see in evolution as it is much more manageable for
the case where there care many folders/sub folders - in previous
versions of evolution this was the case I believe.

Can this feature be restored or made active by an environment variable
and is it related to a camel/folder variable class ??

kandh

Re: Folder Sub-folders in move message

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 13:00 +0000, kim via evolution-list wrote:

> I am new to this list and this may have been answered before.
>
> I am using Evolution 3.28.5 (3.28.5-10.el7) (Centos 7)
>
> My sub-list of Mail Folders/ Threads is growing and when
> I use "Move to Folder" all the folders are "expanded" even
> when I have the View "Collapse All Threads" on
>
> I also use Thunderbird where the view of folders in the
> equivalent command "Move to" gives the folder/subfolder structure
> that I want to see in evolution as it is much more manageable for
> the case where there care many folders/sub folders - in previous
> versions of evolution this was the case I believe.
>
> Can this feature be restored or made active by an environment variable
> and is it related to a camel/folder variable class ??

If you really mean 3.28, that's fairly old. The current version is
3.38, so it's about 3.28 years out of date.

What kind of account is this? (IMAP, POP, Exchange, ...)?

Re: Folder Sub-folders in move message

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Centos is always behind on software I am using the standard centos 7
distribution not the latest evolution.

I am setup with n3 different email addresses with evolution via IMAP
they all work fine except for the folder/sub-folder use on move to
command which is annoying

Even Centos 8 is using 3.28.5.16

If I put a local private evolution of 3.36 will this have better folder
access ?

kandh

On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 13:20 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 13:00 +0000, kim via evolution-list wrote:
> > I am new to this list and this may have been answered before.
> >
> > I am using Evolution 3.28.5 (3.28.5-10.el7) (Centos 7)
> >
> > My sub-list of Mail Folders/ Threads is growing and when
> > I use "Move to Folder" all the folders are "expanded" even
> > when I have the View "Collapse All Threads" on
> >
> > I also use Thunderbird where the view of folders in the
> > equivalent command "Move to" gives the folder/subfolder structure
> > that I want to see in evolution as it is much more manageable for
> > the case where there care many folders/sub folders - in previous
> > versions of evolution this was the case I believe.
> >
> > Can this feature be restored or made active by an environment
> > variable
> > and is it related to a camel/folder variable class ??
>
> If you really mean 3.28, that's fairly old. The current version is
> 3.38, so it's about 3.28 years out of date.
>
> What kind of account is this? (IMAP, POP, Exchange, ...)?
>
> poc

Re: Folder Sub-folders in move message

The Current Centos 7.9  is

Centos 7.9
30th Apr 2020 updated to
 evolution-data-server-langpacks-3.28.5-4.el7.noarch
 evolution-data-server-3.28.5-4.el7.x86_64
 evolution-langpacks-3.28.5-8.el7.noarch
 evolution-3.28.5-8.el7.x86_64
 evolution-ews-langpacks-3.28.5-5.el7.noarch
 evolution-ews-3.28.5-5.el7.x86_64
 evolution-help-3.28.5-8.el7.noarch

On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 13:20 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 13:00 +0000, kim via evolution-list wrote:
> > I am new to this list and this may have been answered before.
> >
> > I am using Evolution 3.28.5 (3.28.5-10.el7) (Centos 7)
> >
> > My sub-list of Mail Folders/ Threads is growing and when
> > I use "Move to Folder" all the folders are "expanded" even
> > when I have the View "Collapse All Threads" on
> >
> > I also use Thunderbird where the view of folders in the
> > equivalent command "Move to" gives the folder/subfolder structure
> > that I want to see in evolution as it is much more manageable for
> > the case where there care many folders/sub folders - in previous
> > versions of evolution this was the case I believe.
> >
> > Can this feature be restored or made active by an environment
> > variable
> > and is it related to a camel/folder variable class ??
>
> If you really mean 3.28, that's fairly old. The current version is
> 3.38, so it's about 3.28 years out of date.
>
> What kind of account is this? (IMAP, POP, Exchange, ...)?
>
> poc

Re: Folder Sub-folders in move message

On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 13:00 +0000, kim via evolution-list wrote:

> I am new to this list and this may have been answered before.
>
> I am using Evolution 3.28.5 (3.28.5-10.el7) (Centos 7)
>
> My sub-list of Mail Folders/ Threads is growing and when
> I use "Move to Folder" all the folders are "expanded" even
> when I have the View "Collapse All Threads" on
>
> I also use Thunderbird where the view of folders in the
> equivalent command "Move to" gives the folder/subfolder structure
> that I want to see in evolution as it is much more manageable for
> the case where there care many folders/sub folders - in previous
> versions of evolution this was the case I believe.
>
> Can this feature be restored or made active by an environment variable
> and is it related to a camel/folder variable class ??

If that 'feature' is "Show the same folder expand/collapse state in the
'Move to folder' dialog as in the main window folder pane", then I can
reproduce the situation in 3.38.2. Feel free to file a feature request
at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/new after reading
https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/BugReportingGuidelines

Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]

Re: Folder Sub-folders in move message

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 16:45 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
> If that 'feature' is "Show the same folder expand/collapse state in
> the 'Move to folder' dialog as in the main window folder pane", then
> I can reproduce the situation in 3.38.2. Feel free to file a feature
> request at
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/new after
> reading
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/BugReportingGuidelines

        Hi,
in fact, it had been changed due to a request. It is supposed to help
to search between the folders, because when they are collapsed they
cannot be reached by the quick search (by typing letters).

There's no option to disable that behaviour. A related one is collapse-
archive-folders-in-selectors under org.gnome.evoltuion.mail in
GSettings/DConf, but it's only for the archive folders.