Font size of printed text is HUGE!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Since I rarely need to print email on paper, it's the first time I've
noticed this: the printing size of a text is damn huge! And I'm not able
to adjust it.

This time i've solved printing by Thunderbird but it's a bit
frustrating.

Why the font size of printed text is so big -- much bigger than the text
printed on screen? (and there's nothing specific for resizing it).

Thanks in advance.

--
fp

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Andre Klapper
On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 14:45 +0200, Francesco Porro via evolution-list
wrote:
> Since I rarely need to print email on paper, it's the first time I've
> noticed this: the printing size of a text is damn huge! And I'm not
> able to adjust it.

Please provide basic steps to reproduce, such as Evolution and
Webkitgtk versions plus distribution name and version.

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Il giorno lun, 25/06/2018 alle 15.45 +0200, Andre Klapper ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 14:45 +0200, Francesco Porro via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > Since I rarely need to print email on paper, it's the first time
> > I've
> > noticed this: the printing size of a text is damn huge! And I'm not
> > able to adjust it.
>
> Please provide basic steps to reproduce, such as Evolution and
> Webkitgtk versions plus distribution name and version.

Sure!

Distro: Arch linux (current)
Evolution: 3.28.3
webkit2gtk: 2.20.3-1

I'm simply doing File > Print, nothing else.
This happens even if I print to PDF file.

Result: the difference between the On screen and on print font size is
huge.

E.g. this it the result of printing your mail on PDF:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=161-9-mvJyIjDGG5cEam6qLa9EWpNu0M8

--
fp
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Il 25/06/2018 19:21, Francesco Porro via evolution-list ha scritto:

> Il giorno lun, 25/06/2018 alle 15.45 +0200, Andre Klapper ha scritto:
>> On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 14:45 +0200, Francesco Porro via evolution-list
>> wrote:
>>> Since I rarely need to print email on paper, it's the first time
>>> I've
>>> noticed this: the printing size of a text is damn huge! And I'm not
>>> able to adjust it.
>>
>> Please provide basic steps to reproduce, such as Evolution and
>> Webkitgtk versions plus distribution name and version.
>
> Sure!
>
> Distro: Arch linux (current)
> Evolution: 3.28.3
> webkit2gtk: 2.20.3-1
>
> I'm simply doing File > Print, nothing else.
> This happens even if I print to PDF file.
>
> Result: the difference between the On screen and on print font size is
> huge.
>
> E.g. this it the result of printing your mail on PDF:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=161-9-mvJyIjDGG5cEam6qLa9EWpNu0M8


So? Any ideas?

--
fp
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2018-07-09 at 12:14 +0200, Francesco Porro via evolution-list
wrote:
> So? Any ideas?

        Hi,
I just tried it and my font is not that large as yours. The size is
derived from the font size of the view, the one in Edit->Preferences->
Mail Preferences->General tab->Message Display section->[x] Use the
same fonts as other applications. I'm not aware of any separate setting
for print and for the message preview, unfortunately.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2018-07-09 at 12:46 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-07-09 at 12:14 +0200, Francesco Porro via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > So? Any ideas?
>
> Hi,
> I just tried it and my font is not that large as yours. The size is
> derived from the font size of the view, the one in Edit->Preferences-
> >
> Mail Preferences->General tab->Message Display section->[x] Use the
> same fonts as other applications. I'm not aware of any separate
> setting
> for print and for the message preview, unfortunately.
> Bye,
> Milan
>
>

Self uses openSUSE Leap 15 (64-bit) GNOME 3.26.2

Are you unable to change Layout - Scale ?

Self does:

Select message to print

For self shows: "General"  then "Print to File"
(Also: All pages, Copies 1)

Change tab to :  "Page Setup"

Layout
  Two-sided: (faded: "Not available")
  Pages per side: "Not Available"  (changeable)
  Page ordering:  (faded: "Not available")
  Only print: "All sheets"   (changeable)
  Scale: 100   (- + % changeable)

Paper
   Paper type: (faded: "Not available")  
   Paper source: (faded: "Not available")  
   Output tray: (faded: "Not available")  
   Paper size:  "A4"   (changeable)
   Orientation: "Portrait"   (changeable)

Halves size text prints when self changes Layout -  Scale: 50 %




Paul W Parker

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Font size of printed text is HUGE!

Van Snyder
In reply to this post by Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2018-07-09 at 12:46 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-07-09 at 12:14 +0200, Francesco Porro via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > So? Any ideas?
>
> Hi,
> I just tried it and my font is not that large as yours. The size is
> derived from the font size of the view, the one in Edit->Preferences->
> Mail Preferences->General tab->Message Display section->[x] Use the
> same fonts as other applications. I'm not aware of any separate setting
> for print and for the message preview, unfortunately.
> Bye,
> Milan

On all of my computers, I have selected "use the same fonts as other
applications."  On one of them, the font is huge, even if I print to a
file.  On the others, it's normal.  They're all running Scientific Linux
6.2, in which evolution 2.32.3 is bundled.  For the one that has large
fonts, I don't have the root password.

> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list