Forwarding of meeting invites?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
I get meeting invites(MS Teams) that has been forwarded from an existing meeting, to invite me into the meeting.
Looked for such a function in Evo(EWS)(Forwarding a meet to someone else) too, but I cannot find such a function, is there one?

 Jocke
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Tue, 2020-05-26 at 13:40 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
wrote:
> Looked for such a function in Evo(EWS)(Forwarding a meet to someone
> else) too, but I cannot find such a function, is there one?

        Hi,
you can forward the message itself, just as any other message, though
I'm not sure how it'll work with respect of the Microsoft Exchange
server environment, because they have certain relations between the
calendar item and the message item, which may not be added (by the
server), when the invitation is received by a plain mail message. You
should just try that.

Being it an event in the Calendar view, try the context menu, where is
"Forward as iCalendar". Similar concerns as those with invitation mail
mentioned above apply here as well.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2020-05-27 at 06:54 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>
>
> On Tue, 2020-05-26 at 13:40 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > Looked for such a function in Evo(EWS)(Forwarding a meet to someone
> > else) too, but I cannot find such a function, is there one?
>
>         Hi,
> you can forward the message itself, just as any other message, though
> I'm not sure how it'll work with respect of the Microsoft Exchange
> server environment, because they have certain relations between the
> calendar item and the message item, which may not be added (by the
> server), when the invitation is received by a plain mail message. You
> should just try that.
>
> Being it an event in the Calendar view, try the context menu, where is
> "Forward as iCalendar". Similar concerns as those with invitation mail
> mentioned above apply here as well.
>         Bye,
>         Milan

Well, not quite what I need. I compared a normal meet and Forwarded meet,
The forwarded meet uses Sender: rather than From:(which keeps its original sender)
Sender: then obviously has the person who forwarded the meet to me.

Something you can work with?

 Jocke

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2020-05-27 at 07:33 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Well, not quite what I need. I compared a normal meet and Forwarded
> meet, The forwarded meet uses Sender: rather than From:(which keeps
> its original sender) Sender: then obviously has the person who
> forwarded the meet to me.
>
> Something you can work with?

        Hi,
I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that you do not want any sign of the
original sender of the meeting (which may or may not be the organizer
of the meeting), or the opposite, that you want to have the sent
message by you look like a message sent by the original sender? The
later cannot be achieved with an Exchange server, unless you've set
privileges to do it on the server (to send messages on someone else's
behalf). For the former, I guess it's the usual behavior, supposing you
used Forward message, not to Redirect it.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2020-05-27 at 08:01 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>
>
> On Wed, 2020-05-27 at 07:33 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Well, not quite what I need. I compared a normal meet and Forwarded
> > meet, The forwarded meet uses Sender: rather than From:(which keeps
> > its original sender) Sender: then obviously has the person who
> > forwarded the meet to me.
> >
> > Something you can work with?
>
>         Hi,
> I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that you do not want any sign of the
> original sender of the meeting (which may or may not be the organizer
> of the meeting), or the opposite, that you want to have the sent
> message by you look like a message sent by the original sender? The
> later cannot be achieved with an Exchange server, unless you've set
> privileges to do it on the server (to send messages on someone else's
> behalf). For the former, I guess it's the usual behavior, supposing you
> used Forward message, not to Redirect it.
>         Bye,

Like so, original meeting has:
  From: Organiser@com
  To: x@com, y@com, etc.

Someone of x@com etc. invites me, I get the Original meeting but with headers:
 From: Organiser@com
 To: me@com
 Sender: x@com

 Jocke
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2020-05-27 at 12:52 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Like so, original meeting has:
>   From: Organiser@com
>   To: x@com, y@com, etc.
>
> Someone of x@com etc. invites me, I get the Original meeting but with
> headers:
>  From: Organiser@com
>  To: me@com
>  Sender: x@com

        Hi,
okay, then it's like sending on someone else's behalf, as I mentioned
in my previous e-mail, which the EWS protocol doesn't allow, without
additional privileges.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 09:00 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

>
> On Wed, 2020-05-27 at 12:52 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Like so, original meeting has:
> >   From: Organiser@com
> >   To: x@com, y@com, etc.
> >
> > Someone of x@com etc. invites me, I get the Original meeting but with
> > headers:
> >  From: Organiser@com
> >  To: me@com
> >  Sender: x@com
>
>         Hi,
> okay, then it's like sending on someone else's behalf, as I mentioned
> in my previous e-mail, which the EWS protocol doesn't allow, without
> additional privileges.
>         Bye,
>         Milan

Right, maybe there is an calendar EWS API for that ?
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 15:40 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> maybe there is an calendar EWS API for that ?

        Hi,
I do not know, it's a long time since I checked any such thing. You can
browse for it yourself, if interested:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/web-service-reference/ews-xml-elements-in-exchange
But as it's a Mail component, I rather expect it to be in Mail, than in
Calendar. Or, if it's like "invite someone else", or even "delegate to
someone else", then these might have their counterparts in the Calendar
API. I think. I do not know.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 16:06 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>
>
> On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 15:40 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > maybe there is an calendar EWS API for that ?
>
>         Hi,
> I do not know, it's a long time since I checked any such thing. You can
> browse for it yourself, if interested:
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fexchange%2Fclient-developer%2Fweb-service-reference%2Fews-xml-elements-in-exchange&data=02%7C01%7Cjoakim.tjernlund%40infinera.com%7C90bf33ff36004864a17408d803107034%7C285643de5f5b4b03a1530ae2dc8aaf77%7C1%7C0%7C637262716426257869&sdata=LIG05XQoD4uXgkGzMx9zatWOUHk8L4teZ3NgLryEIWU%3D&reserved=0
> But as it's a Mail component, I rather expect it to be in Mail, than in
> Calendar. Or, if it's like "invite someone else", or even "delegate to
> someone else", then these might have their counterparts in the Calendar
> API. I think. I do not know.

I think it can be a calendar feature that then appears as an email in the other end, just like a regular invite.
Looked into link you provided and maybe it is just an MeetingRequest with some other params?

 Jocke
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 17:12 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 16:06 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> > CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
> >
> >
> > On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 15:40 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > maybe there is an calendar EWS API for that ?
> >
> >         Hi,
> > I do not know, it's a long time since I checked any such thing. You can
> > browse for it yourself, if interested:
> > https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fexchange%2Fclient-developer%2Fweb-service-reference%2Fews-xml-elements-in-exchange&data=02%7C01%7Cjoakim.tjernlund%40infinera.com%7C90bf33ff36004864a17408d803107034%7C285643de5f5b4b03a1530ae2dc8aaf77%7C1%7C0%7C637262716426257869&sdata=LIG05XQoD4uXgkGzMx9zatWOUHk8L4teZ3NgLryEIWU%3D&reserved=0
> > But as it's a Mail component, I rather expect it to be in Mail, than in
> > Calendar. Or, if it's like "invite someone else", or even "delegate to
> > someone else", then these might have their counterparts in the Calendar
> > API. I think. I do not know.
>
> I think it can be a calendar feature that then appears as an email in the other end, just like a regular invite.
> Looked into link you provided and maybe it is just an MeetingRequest with some other params?

Just saw a Sender and a From component in that MeetingRequest so I think I am on the
right track?
Just pick upp the meeting, change Sender, To and Keep From ?

 Jocke
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 17:15 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > I think it can be a calendar feature that then appears as an email
> > in the other end, just like a regular invite.
> > Looked into link you provided and maybe it is just an
> > MeetingRequest with some other params?
>
> Just saw a Sender and a From component in that MeetingRequest so I
> think I am on the
> right track?
> Just pick upp the meeting, change Sender, To and Keep From ?

        Hi,
I'm sorry, no idea. I only know that some parts are read only. Also,
Evolution doesn't have GUI counterparts for these things.

Out of interest, do you connect to a company-hosted EWS server or to
the office365.com server? Just wondering whether the EWS protocol will
be still relevant for you:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-May/msg00170.html

        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: by the way, as you use Evolution, would you mind to Reply To List
(Ctrl+L) here, instead to Reply To All, please? I'm on the list, thus
the private messages I receive (with me and the list in CC), make it
harder to reply to the list, which I prefer, unless asked by the sender
otherwise.

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forwarding of meeting invites?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 19:10 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>
>
> On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 17:15 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > I think it can be a calendar feature that then appears as an email
> > > in the other end, just like a regular invite.
> > > Looked into link you provided and maybe it is just an
> > > MeetingRequest with some other params?
> >
> > Just saw a Sender and a From component in that MeetingRequest so I
> > think I am on the
> > right track?
> > Just pick upp the meeting, change Sender, To and Keep From ?
>
>         Hi,
> I'm sorry, no idea. I only know that some parts are read only. Also,
> Evolution doesn't have GUI counterparts for these things.

Well, calendar GUI needs an overhaul anyway :) Calendar handling is the one big complaint I have
with Evo.

>
> Out of interest, do you connect to a company-hosted EWS server or to
> the office365.com server? Just wondering whether the EWS protocol will
> be still relevant for you:
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.gnome.org%2Farchives%2Fevolution-list%2F2020-May%2Fmsg00170.html&data=02%7C01%7Cjoakim.tjernlund%40infinera.com%7C22a82126e4054b4c23e008d8032a3af6%7C285643de5f5b4b03a1530ae2dc8aaf77%7C1%7C0%7C637262827197841659&sdata=QcHJ0Aie8ZhGc%2B%2FhJTkd61btoWlTe7RB9ezODL1418w%3D&reserved=0

Sure, we(most Linux devs here that is) use office365.com with MFA. One must just do a little configuring on O365
to use MFA with evolution.

>         Bye,
>         Milan
>
> P.S.: by the way, as you use Evolution, would you mind to Reply To List
> (Ctrl+L) here, instead to Reply To All, please? I'm on the list, thus
> the private messages I receive (with me and the list in CC), make it
> harder to reply to the list, which I prefer, unless asked by the sender
> otherwise.

Sure, but I will probably forget next time :)

 Jocke

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list