GPS Coordinates

Rudolf Künzli
Evolution 3.24.4 Fedora 26

I entered the GPS coordinates into one of my contacts and clicked on
"Open Map" to verify it.
Unfortunately it didn't work out from here.
It works fine when I use it from Google Contacts (server) directly.
After some investigation I found out that in Evolution a comma is added
after the GPS coordinates causing the error!
That comma is not added within Google Contacts (server).
I guess that it's a bug in Evolution.
Any ideas?
--
Rudolf Künzli <[hidden email]>

Re: GPS Coordinates

Andre Klapper
On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 11:05 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:

> Evolution 3.24.4 Fedora 26
>
> I entered the GPS coordinates into one of my contacts and clicked on
> "Open Map" to verify it.
> Unfortunately it didn't work out from here.
> It works fine when I use it from Google Contacts (server) directly.
> After some investigation I found out that in Evolution a comma is
> added
> after the GPS coordinates causing the error!
> That comma is not added within Google Contacts (server).
> I guess that it's a bug in Evolution.
> Any ideas?

Yes: Filing a bug report.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: GPS Coordinates

Rudolf Künzli
On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 11:34 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 11:05 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:
> > Evolution 3.24.4 Fedora 26
> >
> > I entered the GPS coordinates into one of my contacts and clicked
> > on
> > "Open Map" to verify it.
> > Unfortunately it didn't work out from here.
> > It works fine when I use it from Google Contacts (server) directly.
> > After some investigation I found out that in Evolution a comma is
> > added
> > after the GPS coordinates causing the error!
> > That comma is not added within Google Contacts (server).
> > I guess that it's a bug in Evolution.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Yes: Filing a bug report.
>
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution
>
> andre

Bug 785233 filed in...

Re: GPS Coordinates

On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 11:34 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 11:05 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:
> > After some investigation I found out that in Evolution a comma is
> > added
> > after the GPS coordinates causing the error!
> > That comma is not added within Google Contacts (server).
> > I guess that it's a bug in Evolution.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Yes: Filing a bug report.

        Hi,
well, there is no such field to enter GPS coordinates for a contact
in Evolution, thus I would not call it a bug, especially when trying to
use fields with certain meaning to have value of other meaning.

There can be made improvements in the query construction, of course.

Re: GPS Coordinates

Rudolf Künzli