Google contact groups

I am new to Evolution and cannot find a way to do this.
Google contacts provides a grouping feature to group email addresses.
In Evolution I can view the group contacts using the Contacts button. When I compose a new email message and I enter the group contact name in the to field, it is not recognized by Evolution. If I click the To in the composer I cannot find the groups.

I had to duplicate my Google groups in Evolution using File > New > Contact list duplicating the group present in Google contacts.

I thought if I could see the group in Evolution Contacts I should be able to compose a new email using the group name. Am I missing something? Does Evolution support Google contact groups when using the email composer?

Thank you
Sent from Mailspring

Re: Google contact groups

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-04-27 at 11:53 -0400, Gordon DeGrandis via evolution-list
wrote:
> I thought if I could see the group in Evolution Contacts I should be
> able to compose a new email using the group name. Am I missing
> something?

        Hi,
what do you mean by grouping the contacts, please? I didn't find
anything like that in the Google's web interface. The closest are
Labels, but they do not provide anything like "group address" (similar
to mailing list). Evolution does read the labels and sets them as
Categories on the contacts, thus you can filter by a category and add
all the shown contacts. That would be from the dialog shown when you
click To or Cc or BCC buttons in the composer.

> Does Evolution support Google contact groups when using the email
> composer?

Evolution shows in the composer whatever you see in the Contacts view,
as long as the contacts contain an email address.

By the way, what is your Evolution version, please? That can be seen in
Help->About.