How to Import Mails from Icedove-Thunderbird to Evolution with lots of subfolders

How to Import Mails from Icedove-Thunderbird to Evolution with lots of subfolders

xuser092016
Hello,

I am using Evolution version 3.12.9 and have the following problem:
Until recent I have been using Thunderbird on Windows. Then I managed to
migrate to Debian Jessie 8.6 stable. Now, since I like Evolution best,
I'd like to import my mails to Evolution.

Actually, I have already imported a mail via Import -> single file, but
I have got so many subfolders that importing everything by hand would be
tedious.

Is there any script or any other way to import many mails in lots of
subfolders from Icedove to Evolution?

I'd be glad at any help.

Best regards,
MichaelS

Re: How to Import Mails from Icedove-Thunderbird to Evolution with lots of subfolders

Ángel González
xuser092016 wrote:

> Is there any script or any other way to import many mails in lots of
> subfolders from Icedove to Evolution?
>
> I'd be glad at any help.

Yes. You could build an evolution maildir structure. How are your
thunderbird emails stored? In mbox or maildir?

Re: How to Import Mails from Icedove-Thunderbird to Evolution with lots of subfolders

xuser092016
Thanks for your reply.

> Yes. You could build an evolution maildir structure. How are your
> thunderbird emails stored? In mbox or maildir?

Actually I don't know. I just read this wikipedia article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird#File_formats_supported
and viewed my folder where my mails are stored in thunderbird. ( I
used: Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory - Open
Directory. ) Then I used the command $ find . -name "*.mbox" but I did
not get any result.

I assume that the mails are stored in mbox format.

How shall I proceed?