How to add a function button on tool bar

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

How to add a function button on tool bar

Dario Lesca
On Evolution 3.24.4 (3.24.4-1.fc26), how to add another function button
on tool bar, like "trash" or "mark as spam" or other few features for
which a button is provided?

I would add a button for "mark as read" some block of message, without
use menu bar or right click.

It is possible do that ?

Many thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 26 Workstation)
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to add a function button on tool bar

Andre Klapper
On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 00:40 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> On Evolution 3.24.4 (3.24.4-1.fc26), how to add another function button
> on tool bar, like "trash" or "mark as spam" or other few features for
> which a button is provided?
>
> I would add a button for "mark as read" some block of message, without
> use menu bar or right click.
>
> It is possible do that ?

See the bits and pieces in
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=768260

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to add a function button on tool bar

Patrick O'Callaghan
In reply to this post by Dario Lesca
On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 00:40 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> On Evolution 3.24.4 (3.24.4-1.fc26), how to add another function button
> on tool bar, like "trash" or "mark as spam" or other few features for
> which a button is provided?
>
> I would add a button for "mark as read" some block of message, without
> use menu bar or right click.

Ctrl-k marks the selected messages as read. Ctrl-/ marks all messages
in the folder as read.

poc
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to add a function button on tool bar

Dario Lesca
In reply to this post by Andre Klapper
Il giorno sab, 22/07/2017 alle 03.53 +0200, Andre Klapper ha scritto:
> >
> > It is possible do that ?
>
> See the bits and pieces in
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=768260

What means this?

I must modify this files .ui to add or modify tool bar?

What is the file to modify?

It's possible to put the .ui file modify into my home configuration
folder like ~/.local/share/evolution/ui ?

Thanks
 
--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 26 Workstation)
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to add a function button on tool bar

Dario Lesca
In reply to this post by Patrick O'Callaghan
Il giorno sab, 22/07/2017 alle 11.37 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan ha
scritto:
> > I would add a button for "mark as read" some block of message,
> > without use menu bar or right click.
>
> Ctrl-k marks the selected messages as read. Ctrl-/ marks all messages
> in the folder as read.

Yes, some time I use this keyboard shortcut, but the main question is:

It's possible to personalize (add or remove some function button) the
Evolution toolbar?

The answer unfortunately is no, There are no configuration panels (Or
did not I find it?) that allow to do this.

Or this is just only a my wishes ?

Thanks


-- Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 26 Workstation)
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to add a function button on tool bar

Milan Crha
In reply to this post by Dario Lesca
On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 16:00 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 22/07/2017 alle 03.53 +0200, Andre Klapper ha scritto:
> > >
> > > It is possible do that ?
> >
> > See the bits and pieces in
> > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=768260
>
> What means this?

        Hi,
you are right, Evolution has no GUI to change its tool bars, menus and
so on. It's doable when modifying the .ui files directly, which
requires some experimenting, learning, searching and so on. Maybe not
suitable for average users.

> I must modify this files .ui to add or modify tool bar?

Yes.

> What is the file to modify?

Let's see. There are several files in the /usr/share/evolution/ui/. You
want to change what, the Mail view? Then there are two obvious
candidates, evolution-mail-reader.ui and evolution-mail.ui. Both have
<toolbar> section, but only the evolution-mail-reader.ui reflects what
you see in the GUI with most of the actions there.

I understand that seeing the file format for the first time can be
confusing, though the names are self-explanatory, from my point of
view. That's why the searching part is involved here as well.

> It's possible to put the .ui file modify into my home configuration
> folder like ~/.local/share/evolution/ui ?

Yes. That's what the bug report and the references in it say. Again,
it's more techy, thus might not be suitable for average users and is
far from being user friendly with compare of a GUI tool with drag&drop
and such things for it.
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to add a function button on tool bar

Andre Klapper
On Mon, 2017-07-24 at 11:51 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:

> Il giorno sab, 22/07/2017 alle 03.53 +0200, Andre Klapper ha
> > scritto:
> > > > See the bits and pieces in
> > > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=768260
> >
> you are right, Evolution has no GUI to change its tool bars, menus
> and
> so on. It's doable when modifying the .ui files directly, which
> requires some experimenting, learning, searching and so on. Maybe not
> suitable for average users.

For the records,
I added instructions for advanced users to the 3.26 user help in
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/help/C?id=4371320d7e8a0da63a045c30d33223ed65152398

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/unstable/customize-ui-items.html
will become available after the next 3.25 tarball release.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Loading...