How to edit "download remote content" list?

How to edit "download remote content" list?

Peter Buck
I knew this would happen: I clicked on "download remote content" for a message that had a very common domain name. Now I want to edit the list which Evolution must keep of domains to automatically download remote content from. How do I do that?

Thanks - Peter B

Re: How to edit "download remote content" list?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 06:57 -0400, Peter B wrote:
> I knew this would happen: I clicked on "download remote content" for
> a message that had a very common domain name. Now I want to edit the
> list which Evolution must keep of domains to automatically download
> remote content from. How do I do that?

        Hi,
go to Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->HTML Messages tab->Loading
Remote Content section. It's all there.

Re: How to edit "download remote content" list?

On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 06:57 -0400, Peter B wrote:
> I knew this would happen: I clicked on "download remote content" for
> a message that had a very common domain name. Now I want to edit the
> list which Evolution must keep of domains to automatically download
> remote content from. How do I do that?

Under "Help 🡒 Contents", see "Mail Management 🡒 Display of a message
🡒 Images in HTML messages".

Re: How to edit "download remote content" list?

Peter Buck
Thanks for replying, Andre. However, I don't think this addresses my issue.  All I saw there were instructions for setting default behavior.

Here's more details on my issue: the selection I chose in the "Load remote content" dropdown was "Load remote content from anyone at @google.com".

Now that I've done that, I don't get an opportunity to undo it when someone else from @google.com sends me remote content I really don't want.

Sure, it was my fault--I should have read what I was about to click (and I usually do). It was a mistake. I'm asking how I can undo "Load remote content from anyone at @google.com". I assume Evolution is maintaining a list from which I can remove "@google.com".

Thanks - Peter B

On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 08:57 -0400, Peter B wrote:
> All I saw there were instructions for setting default behavior.

        Hi,
out of interest, did you actually try to follow the instructions Andre
gave a link to? I see the "default behaviour" leads to the place I
pointed you to earlier in this thread (+/- terminology), where you can
change the default behaviour, which means what should Evolution do when
you view an HTML messages with remote content. It's not "default" like
"reset settings".

Re: How to edit "download remote content" list?

Peter Buck
Thanks Milan and Andre -

I was so sure that the default action referred to all messages that I didn't actually follow the directions to see the list I kept asking about.

Thank you for setting me straight.

- Peter B